The new UCAS Tariff - 10 things university applicants, teachers and parents need to know
0 Have your say The UCAS Tariff has been changed for students applying now to start higher education courses from next year.
For most people, the new points shouldn’t make any difference to their university applications - so there’s no need to panic says UCAS’ Head of Policy and Qualifications, Margaret Farragher.
Here are her top 10 facts that students and anyone advising them needs to know about the new UCAS Tariff:
The new UCAS Tariff is different to the old one. It’s simply a number that allows universities to compare a student’s basket of qualifications and grades. But only a third of... read more
- 09:57 European shares set three-month high, ECB in limelight
- 09:57 Major Chesterfield development finally set for go-ahead
- 09:56 Help put a smile on a child’s face this Christmas by donating to...
- 09:54 Japanese robotics startup ZMP to delay Tokyo listing
- 09:54 Road partially blocked after crash near Horncastle
- 09:54 ThyssenKrupp secrets stolen in 'massive' cyber attack this year
- 09:54 So you humiliated yourself at the Christmas party. What next?
- 09:54 Chelsea enter race to sign Southampton defender - reports
- 09:53 The search is on for Junior Miss Lincolnshire
- 09:53 VIDEO: Monster Raving Loony Party leader Howling Laud Hope talks to...
- 09:53 Help save lives – give blood at Grantham sessions
- 09:53 Arrest after 3am 999 caller threatens to enter sea
- 09:53 More trains will stop at Morpeth
- 09:52 Give way to cyclists when turning, says British Cycling
- 09:51 BYPY committee and awards date revealed
- 09:51 More strikes at Topshop depot in Solihull
- 09:50 Risking Beijing's ire, Vietnam begins dredging on South China Sea reef
- 09:50 Brazilian footballer takes first steps after plane crash that...
- 09:48 Son of Mackworth man Geoff Seggie due in court today charged with...
- 09:48 Government to respond in Brexit Supreme Court case
- 09:47 Marks confident Town can recover
- 09:47 Boss Page praises ‘unbelievable’ attitude of Cobblers players ahead...
- 09:46 Convenience of a new bar at Sheffield Town Hall site
- 09:46 Crashes cause delays on South Yorkshire motorway
- 09:46 Olympic athlete and Sheffield charity celebrate young people’s...
- 09:46 The rise of a former Victorian bakery: A dozen flats for sale on...
- 09:46 Tom Hughes not concerned by Scunthorpe RUFC's losing streak
- 09:45 Heartbreaking picture of boy, 7, attacked by bullies as he posted...
- 09:45 Anthony Joshua v Eric Molina: Undercard, start time, TV details and...
- 09:44 Ohio passes bill making abortion illegal as soon as heartbeat is heard