The National Lottery draw will no longer be on BBC One
The National Lottery draw will no longer be shown live on BBC One from next year as part of a new deal between the broadcaster and operator Camelot.
Viewers wishing to see the balls drawn live on Saturdays will have to visit the iPlayer from 7 January onwards.
The Saturday draw has been a BBC One fixture since 1994. Its Wednesday counterpart was dropped in 2012.
The BBC said the decision to move the show onto a digital platform reflected changes in viewers' behaviour.
Charlotte Moore, director of BBC content, said the new three-year deal would give audiences "more ways to access the... read more
- 08:10 Exclusive: Ed Sheeran moved to tears by Liberia trip
- 08:10 Mel B timed her divorce to Stephen Belafonte so she could hang onto...
- 08:10 Stephanie Davis shares very intimate photo of the moment baby son...
- 08:10 Live updates: Westminster terrorist Khalid Masood unmasked as...
- 08:09 Guest column: Shale gas application was a complex call for everyone
- 08:08 Premier League stats: Top passers this season revealed with one...
- 08:08 Lewis Hamilton makes statement about world title in Australian...
- 08:07 A590 closed at Lindal tonight 8pm-6am but road fully reopens...
- 08:07 Former Cumbria chief constable to lead response to Westminster...
- 08:07 Green light for measures aimed at cutting Cartmel congestion
- 08:07 Inspectors visit Dalton zoo ahead of fresh licence application
- 08:07 Young Barrow woman's life cut short after battle with addiction
- 08:07 Hundreds turn out to say goodbye to Sunderland dad Lee Downey
- 08:07 Alliance Trust Savings returns to full-year profit
- 08:06 Author Bill Bryson names St Andrew’s Church in Whissendine as one...
- 08:06 Roosting pigeons leave St Mary’s Church in Stamford with £30,000...
- 08:06 Villages such as Measham to become 'meat in noisy sandwich' over...
- 08:06 Campaigners hit out at Florida Farm decision
- 08:06 Bank branch to close its doors in September
- 08:06 Number of child sex offences recorded in Derbyshire drops
- 08:05 ‘I’m not going to retire’ says Hartlepool TV star Jeff Stelling
- 08:05 Plans for 30 homes in village near Shrewsbury submitted
- 08:04 Sheffield ice hockey player to be sentenced for sex attacks on girls
- 08:04 Guest column: Shale gas application was a complex call for everyone
- 08:03 Guest column: Shale gas application was a complex call for everyone
- 08:03 RISE AND SHINE: Live travel news, weather and fun features
- 08:02 Real Madrid News: Star pair to Chelsea, new formation next term,...
- 08:01 John Edward: Is it time for all schools to have governors?
- 08:01 Reopen second Shrewsbury Railway Station entrance call
- 08:01 RISE AND SHINE: Live travel news, weather and fun features