The morning news headlines: Chancellor Philip Hammond to 'reset' fiscal policies; Kim Kardashian 'robbed of jewellery worth millions of dollars' in Paris hotel
CHANCELLOR PHILIP HAMMOND TO 'RESET' FISCAL POLICIES
Chancellor Philip Hammond has confirmed he will "reset" the Government's fiscal policies in next month's Autumn Statement, with a new "pragmatic" plan which allows greater scope for investment to boost the economy.
Since Theresa May became Prime Minister in July, both she and Mr Hammond have made clear that they will ditch George Osborne's target to get the UK's finances into surplus by 2020 - a goal which the former chancellor himself acknowledged was unlikely to be attainable following the referendum vote for... read more
- 08:33 How fabric made from the same material as Coca-Cola bottles can fix...
- 08:33 HEALTH NOTES: Victoria happy she swapped saddles (and so is her man)
- 08:33 NHS 'underestimates sepsis cases by 70 per cent': Silent killer...
- 08:33 For your fertility's sake, keep just five close friends! Close knit...
- 08:32 Special school launches fundraising for therapy room
- 08:32 Quit smoking or lose your leg, grandad told
- 08:32 Cyclist dies after collision in Sunderland
- 08:32 Manchester United want to sign two world-class superstars this summer
- 08:32 Manchester United named the most expensive bench in FA Cup history...
- 08:32 Stronger growth to help UK beat 2016/17 budget target - EY ITEM Club
- 08:32 Hong Kong stocks end at 18-month high, track mainland strength
- 08:32 Scooter riding teenager dies in collision
- 08:31 Councillors want to find out more before deciding whether to back...
- 08:31 £150,000 raised for man who spends life caring for terminally...
- 08:31 Baby & Toddler Of The Year: Send your entries now!
- 08:31 Teenagers threw stones at dog walker in Workington
- 08:31 The morning news headlines: Theresa May warned of 'crash landing'...
- 08:31 WW3 fears as relations COLLAPSE between Malaysia and North Korea...
- 08:31 Adolf Hitler’s telephone used to issue orders in WW2 sells at...
- 08:29 On the move: Latest appointments and promotions
- 08:28 RISE AND SHINE: Live travel news, weather and fun features
- 08:28 Greece needs "far less" money than agreed in third bailout - ESM head
- 08:28 Chelsea ace Cesc Fabregas ends exit rumours following Wolves clash
- 08:28 Marseille line up shock move for Arsenal striker Olivier Giroud
- 08:28 JeSuisIKEA: Donald Trump's bizarre Sweden 'terror' reference sparks...
- 08:26 Chelsea ace speaks out on being benched by Antonio Conte
- 08:26 Chancellor Philip Hammond’s Budget boost on economy
- 08:26 Fake apartment turns turns dream holiday into nightmare
- 08:25 Police 'very concerned' for missing east Hull boy Cory Davies, 10
- 08:24 Could Post Office move to empty South Shields town centre site?