The moment Arsenal missed out on a young Cristiano Ronaldo as revealed by former scout Damien Comolli
Arsenal narrowly missed out on signing a teenage Cristiano Ronaldo due to financial restraints, according to former scout Damien Comolli.
Comolli claims to have discovered Ronaldo's formidable talent as early as 2000, when he saw the 15-year-old playing Japan at a youth tournament in France. At that time, no other Premier League club was interested, leaving the Gunners with a seemingly clear route to sign him.
However, Arsene Wenger failed to find the sufficient funds to meet Sporting Lisbon's asking price and the transfer ultimately collapsed.
RELATED ARTICLES Previous 1 Next The 100 best... read more
- 17:29 Could your bridal party be on new TV show Always The Bridesmaid?
- 17:28 Hungry Anderson ‘doing everything’ to win back his Cobblers spot
- 17:28 Police say ‘no evidence’ Isis involved in Parliament terror attack
- 17:28 SHDC ‘hoisting the white flag and surrendering to Springfields’
- 17:28 Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger holds talks with Chelsea transfer...
- 17:28 Real Madrid to send scouts to watch Porto duo: Cristiano Ronaldo...
- 17:27 Manchester United will be without these SEVEN stars for West Brom...
- 17:27 Aston Villa: Who is Sam Gallagher and why would he interest Steve...
- 17:28 Papas to serve 10,000 fish and chips for 1p at Willerby and Bilton...
- 17:27 Watch Ant McPartlin attempt Llanfairpwll tongue twister live on TV
- 17:27 What YOU have to say about Gwynedd Council spending £2,000 on...
- 17:27 David Storey dead: This Sporting Life author dies aged 83
- 17:26 Chelsea loan star Tammy Abraham showcases incredible skill in...
- 17:26 Grenade recovered from side of A483 between Chester and Wrexham
- 17:25 ‘Short window of opportunity’ to break Stormont deadlock
- 17:25 Free gelato at new Rugby ice cream parlour
- 17:25 Four men banned from Carlisle bars after violent incident
- 17:23 Iraqi forces make new push in Mosul Old City -federal police
- 17:23 Former Liverpool favourite Luis Garcia makes bold top four prediction
- 17:23 UFC star Nick Diaz rolls joint before triathlon
- 17:23 Foundations singer Clem Curtis dies aged 76
- 17:22 Ronaldo and Ronaldinho open up on who threw the best parties for...
- 17:22 Could your bridal party be on new TV show Always The Bridesmaid?
- 17:21 Have your say on Rushden Neighbourhood Plan
- 17:20 CCTV appeal after religious hate crime' in Derbyshire village
- 17:19 Which Derbyshire sites are among the UK’s most visited tourist...
- 17:18 Wham! star Andrew Ridgeley slams Channel 5 George Michael documentary
- 17:18 The everyday items you should NEVER buy from a supermarket
- 17:18 Driver alert! Swan 'moving lane to lane' near Barnetby Top
- 17:18 Why vegan mothers are more likely to have children who perform...