The life jacket that can unblock your airways: Inflatable vests clears lungs with the effect of up to 18,000 coughs
An inflatable vest may be a new way to treat breathing problems.
The vests, which look like life jackets, have the effect of up to 18,000 coughs in a 20-minute session, and have been shown to help with a number of lung conditions.
These include the genetic condition cystic fibrosis as well as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), an umbrella term for lung diseases such as emphysema and chronic bronchitis.
New research presented at the recent annual meeting of the American Thoracic Society in San Francisco found the vests can also help people with bronchiectasis, a chronic condition... read more
- 08:52 Search is on for the top accountants
- 08:52 Rachael helps set the scene for play
- 08:47 DR MAX: It makes my blood boil, the Muslim wives we doctors just...
- 08:46 BREAKING: Train derails and explodes into flames in Bulgaria,...
- 08:45 11 of the most bizarre yoga classes to have come out of 2016
- 08:44 Missing father Stephen Woolley's car is found
- 08:43 Burnley travel guru helps HQ to business award
- 08:39 QUICK QUIZ: Test your news knowledge
- 08:39 Men jailed for shoplifting in Buxton
- 08:39 A big cheer from Melton for Make It Happen 2016
- 08:37 What’s on in Derbyshire this weekend?
- 08:37 QUICK QUIZ: Test your news knowledge
- 08:33 Oil platforms could be left in the North Sea
- 08:31 This Chelsea ace is so good it's like having an extra player out...
- 08:27 Aga cooker sparks city centre house fire
- 08:27 Man goes missing from Nottinghamshire village
- 08:26 Elliot ready to return after nine months out
- 08:25 Students rise to the challenge at RAF base
- 08:25 Arsenal and Manchester United target Dimitri Payet available for...
- 08:24 ‘Bridlington is an amazing place with a lot to offer’
- 08:22 Four killed after train derails and explodes in Bulgaria
- 08:21 Grantham Journal column: We’re pushing to get new complex built
- 08:19 PHOTOS: Banbury Santas run for hospice
- 08:18 Can cyclists ride side-by-side on the road?
- 08:18 Racists force council to shut down Facebook fostering campaign for...
- 08:17 Warwick Town Centre plan approved
- 08:12 Downing Street invite for local business owner
- 08:12 WATCH: Winter Wonderland experience at Conkers
- 08:11 Residents' fury as diverted traffic from Telford's Limekiln Bank...
- 08:11 Meole Brace roundabout: 4,500 strong petition against work to be...