The 'justice league for AI': Tech giants reveal artificial intelligence ethics board (but Apple is NOT part of it)
From job automation to fears of a robot uprising, the growth of artificial intelligence has spurred numerous concerns over the future of humanity, many of which have long been stoked by science fiction.
But now, the tech giants of Silicon Valley are working to take on the most pertinent challenges before they can even arise.
Researchers with Alphabet, Amazon, Facebook, IBM, and Microsoft have teamed up to create a new group, known as the Partnership on Artificial Intelligence to Benefit People and Society, to develop a standard of ethics for the development of AI.
Scroll down for video ... read more
- 15:03 Mountain team comes to the rescue of injured fell runner
- 15:03 VIDEO: Floral tributes pour in for murdered Sheffield teen as...
- 15:00 Mika Häkkinen: ‘Monaco is very demanding. If you panic, you are in...
- 14:57 Indiana teacher threw basketball to avert school shooter
- 14:57 Girl, 12, among three killed as Cyclone Mekunu hits Oman
- 14:57 Man suffers multiple stab wounds in Birmingham pub attack
- 14:57 Police primed to deal with any underage drinkers
- 14:56 Blinder of an event at Brocklesby for hospice funds
- 14:55 There’s a massive art installation dedicated to sweets in Dallas
- 14:54 Football league runs at Brid CYP this summer
- 14:54 VIDEO: Floral tributes pour in for murdered Sheffield teen as...
- 14:53 Police primed to deal with any underage drinkers
- 14:53 Major road in Northamptonshire near M1 closed following crash
- 14:46 VIDEO: Floral tributes pour in for murdered Sheffield teen as...
- 14:45 Councillors backing Market Place projects
- 14:43 A troublesome resident has been jailed after he breached an...
- 14:41 Billy Bragg on Barking: ‘I would hurry past every alleyway for fear...
- 14:41 World Cup 2018: The 12 Tottenham stars you can expect to see in...
- 14:38 New Sunderland AFC owners 'absolutely intent' on return of Stadium...
- 14:34 Train gets 'lost' in Yorkshire after it goes the wrong way
- 14:32 Met Office issues thunderstorm flood warning for Bank Holiday Monday
- 14:32 A troublesome resident has been jailed after he breached an...
- 14:30 Police primed to deal with any underage drinkers
- 14:30 Scots writers protest against Richard Branson’s Edinburgh hotel plans
- 14:28 Murder inquiry launched after boy, 17, dies in Northampton
- 14:28 Firefighters 7,500m climb for fellow life-savers
- 14:27 Liverpool Champions League team news: Star to miss game, Klopp...
- 14:25 People aren’t impressed with this restaurant’s take on a full...
- 14:25 BREAKING NEWS: Murder inquiry launched after death of teenager in...
- 14:25 Major road in Northamptonshire near M1 closed following crash