The Irish foodie hotspot with spice: A weekend away at Ballymaloe Cookery School, Cork's culinary (very) class act
A troop of grinning women are admiring towering profiteroles worthy of the Bake Off final.
The perfecting pastry class is over and Cooking With Spices is about to start.
Spices don't necessarily spring to mind when you think of Irish food, but Ballymaloe Cookery School, on East Cork's coast, is gloriously global.
The area might be known for its butter and fresh fish, but courses include Flavours of Burma, Sushi Made Simple, a Taste of Istanbul and Discovering Tapas.
You would be hard pressed to find something not taught there. Foraging?
Fermented food? Butchery?
Yes, yes, yes.
Its real... read more
- 17:45 14 Barrow taxi drivers have 33 convictions between them, The Mail...
- 17:45 Concerns for children's safety raised over 400-home development in...
- 17:45 School steps up to back our Doncaster Rugby League world Cup campaign
- 17:45 BuzzFeed partners with Netflix for documentary series
- 17:43 Northampton homeowner disturbs teens as they attempt to break in...
- 17:43 Len McCluskey's attack on Labour MPs comes as he faces the prospect...
- 17:43 West Ham reject chance to sign Joe Hart from Manchester City
- 17:42 End of the road for £600 transport charge for post-16 students
- 17:42 Northumberland first school set to close this summer
- 17:41 School steps up to back our Doncaster Rugby League world Cup campaign
- 17:41 WhatsApp sets minimum age limit in the EU
- 17:41 Sunderland council bosses back new powers to seize and crush...
- 17:41 Germany scraps top music prize in antisemitism row
- 17:41 George Byrne's best photograph: a courthouse drama in a ghost town
- 17:40 Twitter reports profit for second quarter in a row and adds 6m new...
- 17:40 Who are the 'incels' and how do they relate to Toronto van attack?
- 17:40 Sister Sibyl looks set for Warwick success
- 17:40 Google puts gun emoji back in holster with switch to water pistol
- 17:39 Lancaster Bomber sculpture on Nottinghamshire-Lincolnshire border...
- 17:39 Best businesses in Mansfield and Ashfield honoured at awards ceremony
- 17:38 Last pictures of doomed yacht Cheeki Rafiki that sank killing four...
- 17:36 Pair sentenced for murdering North Tyneside mum-of-two
- 17:35 Resident: 'Absolutely unforgivable' more was not done to prevent...
- 17:35 Liverpool will be in the Champions League final on this condition -...
- 17:35 Nile Rodgers posts gruesome footage as he clutches bloody broken...
- 17:35 It took some big machines to lift this sick rhino into a CT scanner
- 17:34 Resident: 'Absolutely unforgivable' more was not done to prevent...
- 17:33 German air ambulance staff escorted from Alder Hey hospital after...
- 17:33 Gulliver's are calling all married couples to Gulliver's World,...
- 17:32 Road officially named after Wakefield nurse who died at Passchendaele