The internet of stings
Mr Krebs contemplates life TO A layman, the phrase “Internet of Things” (IoT) probably conjures up a half-fantastic future in which refrigerators monitor their own contents and send orders direct to the grocer when the butter is running out, while tired commuters order baths to be drawn automatically using their smartphones as they approach their houses in their self-driving cars. Actually, though, a version of the IoT is already here. Wi-Fi hubs, smart televisions, digital video-recorders and the like are all part of a network of devices run by microprocessors that, just as much as... read more
- 14:34 Perranporth's 'Mr Swan' likely to remain a widower
- 14:34 Police called in after man's body found at Doncaster hospital
- 14:34 Sheffield University urged to be radical to boost women in engineering
- 14:33 Deciding if Salah deserves PFA award ahead of De Bruyne is nigh...
- 14:32 Obam Stairlifts welcomes new team members
- 14:32 Caught on camera... can you help the police
- 14:32 No frills over 40? Why you should ignore age-based fashion rules
- 14:31 Science quiz – test your knowledge
- 14:31 BREAKING: Duchess of Cambridge gives birth to baby boy
- 14:30 How Burton Albion learned lessons from their own late setbacks to...
- 14:28 Wigan man breached his community order
- 14:28 Slow internet speeds affect most of Wigan council premises
- 14:28 BREAKING: Duchess of Cambridge gives birth to baby boy
- 14:28 Victim treated for burns at scene of car fire
- 14:28 Police probe suspected arson attack
- 14:27 Police looking for wanted man with Rugby links
- 14:27 Police called in after man's body found at Doncaster hospital
- 14:26 Final year students offered free advice on preparing for work from...
- 14:26 Plans revealed for Queen Victoria statue in Victoria Square
- 14:26 Growth will be key to housing numbers in Northumberland
- 14:25 SLIDESHOW: Stoke City v Burnley fans' gallery
- 14:25 10 of the best burger joints in Yorkshire
- 14:25 Long-running Beverley Folk Festival cancelled
- 14:25 Police probe suspected arson attack
- 14:24 BREAKING: Duchess of Cambridge gives birth to baby boy
- 14:23 Fears for city’s isolated after end of £6m loneliness project
- 14:23 Ore Oduba and Vicky Pattison among well wishers as Duchess of...
- 14:22 Panel to consider plans to knock down Whitefield pub to make way...
- 14:22 Three bicycles and alcohol stolen from Derbyshire garage
- 14:22 The winners and losers on the opening day of the Derbyshire Premier...