The health benefits of having a big bum: Women who are pear-shaped have alower risk of heart attack, stroke and diabetes
If you find yourself asking 'does my bum look big in this', it could be good for your health.
A study has found thin people may lower their risk of heart attack, stroke and diabetes by carrying a few extra pounds on their hips and thighs.
One in five people of normal weight, who are 'metabolically unhealthy', can have an even higher risk than some fat people for the killer diseases.
But those who are pear-shaped tend to escape this group, as the bottom and thighs are safer places to store fat on the body.
A German study suggests the old warning 'a moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips'... read more
- 16:54 Collaboration established between Hadrian’s Wall and the Great Wall...
- 16:54 Do you recognise these men wanted for questioning following...
- 16:53 Premier League clubs on Facebook: Which sides have the most...
- 16:52 Diesel tax, benefits & five other law changes you need to know...
- 16:52 Burnley and Pendle pupils' fight hate with moving new film
- 16:52 Scottish artist gives historical portraits a modern makeover by...
- 16:52 Warning over phone call-barring scam
- 16:52 Do your bit to ditch plastic products, says one milklady
- 16:52 Fourth nor'easter in three weeks batters US east coast
- 16:52 Texas bombing suspect blows himself up
- 16:52 Boris Johnson compares Russian World Cup to Hitler's 1936 Olympics
- 16:52 Sex offender who attacked teenage girl on Sheffield bus walks free...
- 16:51 Sex offender who attacked teenage girl on Sheffield bus walks free...
- 16:51 Man sent flying into the air in wheelie stunt gone wrong
- 16:51 Warning over phone call-barring scam
- 16:51 Hunt goes on for missing Duns student
- 16:51 An appeal has been launched by the organisers of a town carnival
- 16:50 Diesel tax, benefits & five other law changes you need to know...
- 16:49 Horse Racing Tips March 22: Wolverhampton, Chelmsford, Chepstow and...
- 16:48 Rawcliffe man jailed nearly 30 years after York rape
- 16:48 Section of Hinckley Road to reopen one month after Leicester explosion
- 16:48 Sex offender who attacked teenage girl on Sheffield bus walks free...
- 16:48 Police name Batley woman who died after being hit by reversing car...
- 16:47 Lady Turner of Camden obituary
- 16:47 Liam Payne admits relationship 'struggles' with Cheryl
- 16:47 Meet the bands who are making politics personal
- 16:46 Firefighters tackle restaurant fire on Lozells Road
- 16:46 Texas bombing suspect blows himself up
- 16:44 Will more land to build on solve Rugby's shortage of affordable...
- 16:44 Diesel tax, benefits & five other law changes you need to know...