The headteacher column with Richard Harrison
0 Have your say In recent years there has been much discussion in the education community about the need to develop grit and resilience in young people. Is this something that can be taught?
I believe that we can foster a sense of perseverance in the classroom and a ‘never give up trying’ attitude, but the real impact on developing resilience comes from taking part in activities outside of formal lessons.
Since we returned after the summer break I have had the opportunity to witness three great example of this in practice.
Two weeks ago our Year 10 students completed their expedition for... read more
- 14:53 Nearly 100 Chinese perish after landslide sweeps down a mountain
- 14:53 New manager takes over at Ingleton festive shop
- 14:52 Romelu Lukaku angry about Chelsea transfer rumours
- 14:51 Arsonist started two blazes on seventh floor of Birmingham tower block
- 14:50 Rainbow armpit hair is here just in time for Pride Month
- 14:50 U.S. to work with Israel, seek other ties to combat cyber attacks
- 14:50 Thousands of Yorkshire women face financial hardship, says WASPI...
- 14:48 Barcelona want Marco Verratti and seek tactical variety in...
- 14:48 Why do some schools let pupils go home earlier than others?
- 14:48 New chapter for Theo Fennell after Endless supports buyout
- 14:47 Grantham Infant school leavers in special service
- 14:47 Cristiano Ronaldo needs time ‘to reflect’ on Real Madrid future...
- 14:44 Sign up for the Big Clean in Bourne and the Deepings
- 14:44 Crowland railways author makes effort for Grenfell Tower victims
- 14:44 Stoke City transfer news: Shaqiri has his say on those AS Roma rumours
- 14:44 Police name Stoke-on-Trent scooter rider, 49, killed in lorry crash
- 14:43 Floating hotels ahoy! Ritz-Carlton to launch its first luxury...
- 14:43 Yoga trapeze gets off to a flying start in Sheffield
- 14:43 UFC fighter Michael Chiesa demands referee Mario Yamasaki retire...
- 14:43 Al-Qaeda frees hostage after six years
- 14:42 Harrogate showground hotel goes ahead after planning U-turn
- 14:42 Russia's secret satellite launches: Nation successfully sends a...
- 14:42 'Britain's X-Files' reveal a UFO was spotted floating above...
- 14:42 Wayne Rooney relaxes on holiday in Ibiza with former Manchester...
- 14:41 Police condemned for letting SEVEN-year-olds use toy guns at...
- 14:39 Veterans need specific services to overcome addiction, new...
- 14:39 Yesterday Americans said they invented Irn-Bru – today they’re...
- 14:39 Wall St. opens higher as tech stocks rise, oil rebounds
- 14:38 If you post about Harry Potter on Facebook today, something...
- 14:38 Time Inc, Barclays to launch Fortune 500 stock indices