The hacks that can save your stale food: Researchers reveal tricks to bring bread and chips back to life
It may seem as though all hope is lost when you bite into a seemingly perfect chip or slice of bread just to find that it’s gone stale.
The bread becomes rock hard, chips turn soft and soggy, and both are unpleasant – but according to scientists, staleness doesn’t have to spell the end for your snack.
In a new Reactions video, the American Chemical Society explains the science behind staleness, and uses this to reveal the simple tricks that can bring your food ‘back from the dead.’
Scroll down for video
HOW TO REVIVE STALE FOOD Once chips begin to get soft, the researchers say they can be... read more
- 11:32 Justice secretary praises our campaign calling for tougher...
- 11:32 City centre Victorian church could be turned into bar or restaurant
- 11:32 Christmas message sent to supporters of policeman with cancer
- 11:32 Consultations to be held over closure of Wainfleet surgery
- 11:32 Police to contact MP Michelle Thomson over rape ordeal at 14
- 11:31 Web shoppers warned over Facebook Marketplace fraud
- 11:31 Coming together to share happy memories at Harrogate’s Light up a...
- 11:31 Louth man, 63, admits stealing cash from Jacksons Butchers
- 11:30 Greg Cunningham: exclusive PNE column
- 11:29 When Santa got stuck in the mineshaft
- 11:29 Tamworth ABC's Ryan Hatton is crowned national champion for the...
- 11:29 China: Xi calls for stricter ideological control of universities
- 11:29 MANNEQUIN CHALLENGE: Police and firefighters film video to...
- 11:29 Traffic alert: Long delays after crash on M62
- 11:28 Police cordon in place after man is stabbed near his Derbyshire home
- 11:29 Campaign to build bridge over ‘danger bypass’ after accident
- 11:28 Teenager arrested at Burton railway station and charged with...
- 11:28 Non-league football club's results expunged after resigning from...
- 11:28 Murali Vijay and Cheteshwar Pujara frustrate England's bowlers on...
- 11:28 Should drivers give way to cyclists when turning left?
- 11:28 Man injured after hit-and-run in Louth
- 11:28 Holidays are coming ... and so are your South Yorkshire Coca Cola...
- 11:27 West Brom have become an improved attacking force under Tony Pulis...
- 11:27 Man charged with phone possession in HMP Ranby
- 11:27 SCAM ALERT: Do not click on this email
- 11:27 EU launches new investigation into Chinese steel imports
- 11:27 FTSE gains, on track for best week since July
- 11:26 Kirkham makes Labour switch
- 11:25 MANNEQUIN CHALLENGE: Police and firefighters film video to...
- 11:24 FESTIVE BONANZA DAY 12: Win a fantastic touchscreen laptop worth £150