The Girl on the Train: Reviews round-up
The Girl on the Train, the film adaptation of Paula Hawkins' best-selling psychological thriller, has received poor reviews ahead of its release this week.
In the big-screen version of the novel, which arrives in cinemas on Wednesday, the action has moved from London to New York.
British actress Emily Blunt plays alcoholic Rachel, who gets involved in the mystery of a missing woman whom she had been observing from the train on her daily commute to Manhattan.
So what did the critics have to say?
The Guardian - Peter Bradshaw Emily Blunt does her considerable best with this exasperating and... read more
- 09:39 Verdict expected in hate speech trial of Dutch politician Wilders
- 09:38 Justice secretary praises our killer drivers campaign
- 09:38 Anti-cyberbullying sensation heads to Burnley
- 09:38 Man has part of ear bitten off in nightclub assault
- 09:38 Tony Pulis names Chelsea stars Diego Costa, Pedro and Eden Hazard...
- 09:37 Northampton fireplace showroom plans to add 130-seat Italian...
- 09:37 Police appeal to find missing teenager
- 09:36 'Please come home, the whole family is missing you': Wife's...
- 09:36 Freeman Street trader had secret stash of 19,000 fake cigarettes...
- 09:35 An invigorating look at dementia
- 09:35 Investigation launched into death of woman in police custody
- 09:35 Drink-driver before the courts again
- 09:34 ‘Justice has been served’ - Louth stabbing victim speaks out after...
- 09:34 Medical director Suneil Kapadia to leave trust which runs Grantham...
- 09:33 Chelsea ace issues advice to Blues pal: Do this and you can go to...
- 09:33 Turkey to hold referendum next spring on stronger presidency -...
- 09:33 In Trump stronghold, factories are humming but paychecks are thin
- 09:31 Far-right troll Joshua Bonehill-Paine jailed for vile abuse of MP...
- 09:31 Supermarket chain opens pilot store in city
- 09:31 Can Mr Banwait specify what 'achievements' he is proud of?
- 09:31 Design studio provides champion branding
- 09:31 Hong Kong leader CY Leung not to seek re-election
- 09:30 Bananas giant Fyffes ripe for picking by Japanese group
- 09:28 CFTC's Giancarlo says March deadline for new derivatives rule...
- 09:28 Arsenal youngster Daniel Crowley to undergo trial with Go Ahead...
- 09:28 Fairfax unit sells more shares in Bank of Ireland
- 09:27 Police issue appeal after shop robbery
- 09:25 Man ‘accidentally mutilates friend’s penis with chainsaw while...
- 09:25 Warwickshire Conservatives’ cuts plan would keep firefighters in...
- 09:25 UPDATE: Pile-up blocks South Yorkshire motorway.