The firms making meals from the bin
It was a £28,000 meal for a Russian businessman and his guests in London's exclusive Belgravia district that proved the final straw for then-private chef Justin Horne.
The lavish dinner party - which included caviar, foie gras and truffles - resulted in eight boxes of food simply being chucked away at the end of the night, making Mr Horne determined to do something about it.
"The levels of waste in fine dining are quite astounding," he says.
Together with fellow co-founder Alice Gilsenan, he is now running a pop-up restaurant, Tiny Leaf, in a food market in south London.
The... read more
- 17:16 French jobless total rises marginally in January
- 17:16 SMTV: 7 things that MUST be in the anniversary special
- 17:15 Keith Wyness LIVE: Aston Villa CEO answers questions from supporters
- 17:15 Birmingham mum who killed her daughter allowed out into community
- 17:15 Warning as EXPLODING e-cigarette destroys bedroom at Black Country...
- 17:15 This Comic Relief trampoline sleepover is coming to Birmingham
- 17:15 See the dramatic moment a dog is rescued from sinkhole by firefighters
- 17:14 Jose Mourinho reacts to Manchester United Europa League draw with...
- 17:14 Lincolnshire pub given the 'all-clear' following rat claims
- 17:14 Boss praises firemen for saving his business from serious fire
- 17:14 Crunch! Watch as police seize and crush uninsured criminal's car
- 17:13 Air Cadets call for new members to join
- 17:12 Olathe shooting: India shocked after national killed in US
- 17:12 Should 'catfishing' be made illegal?
- 17:11 INTERVIEW: John Shuttleworth
- 17:11 Lincolnshire County Councillors agree to public consultation on...
- 17:11 How the brush strokes used by Van Gogh and Seurat were pioneered...
- 17:10 Mourinho on Rooney's decision to stay at Manchester United
- 17:10 RGC must continue to learn lessons says coach Phil John
- 17:10 Running advice from a professional: Olympic champion Desiree Henry
- 17:10 Europa League team of the week: Which Manchester United star made...
- 17:10 Khabib Nurmagomedov and Tony Ferguson engage in epic back and forth...
- 17:10 Jurgen Klopp reveals injury to Liverpool star in training: Two...
- 17:10 Andy Hinchcliffe predicts Championship promotion race: These four...
- 17:10 Chelsea plot Serie A raid: Blues keen on Lazio star, £21m fee...
- 17:09 Penrith man admits child porn crimes
- 17:09 Team news, predictions and key battles ahead of Grimsby Town's...
- 17:08 Images released after shop thefts totalling over £2,000
- 17:08 Perfect storm as Wetherby residents object to green belt plans
- 17:08 Campaign to name Harrogate bypass after legendary historic figure