The firms making meals from the bin
It was a £28,000 meal for a Russian businessman and his guests in London's exclusive Belgravia district that proved the final straw for then-private chef Justin Horne.
The lavish dinner party - which included caviar, foie gras and truffles - resulted in eight boxes of food simply being chucked away at the end of the night, making Mr Horne determined to do something about it.
"The levels of waste in fine dining are quite astounding," he says.
Together with fellow co-founder Alice Gilsenan, he is now running a pop-up restaurant, Tiny Leaf, in a food market in south London.
The... read more
- 03:11 Justine Greening: It’s in the interests of Yorkshire business to...
- 03:01 Antidote that can treat ALL deadly snake bites could be on the...
- 02:59 Highlights, presentations and recruitment - a week in the life of...
- 02:58 Oprah Winfrey given Swiss apology for 'racist treatment' over handbag
- 02:45 No joke: have China's censors gone too far with ban on humour app?
- 02:43 Missed this week's entertainment news?
- 02:42 Graduation – a guide for parents
- 02:42 Drugs, sleeplessness, isolation: the downside of being a dance...
- 02:32 Why do the Chinese love Bicester Village?
- 02:21 Southwest Airlines accident: Authorities order mass engine inspections
- 02:08 Sydney man charged with several terror-related offences
- 02:01 Draya Michele brightens up Atlanta club with her off-the-shoulder...
- 02:01 Tristan Thompson's alleged fling Lani Blair 'to star in VH1 reality...
- 02:01 Harper Beckham holds on tight to her dad David on fun day out with...
- 02:01 Jessica Cunningham displays her blossoming baby bump in...
- 02:01 Kerry Katona 'will send her ashes to SPACE when she dies so her...
- 02:01 Coronation Street fans go wild as they spot Pat Phelan on the...
- 01:51 Benedict Cumberbatch slams 'pathetic' Sherlock co-star Martin...
- 01:51 Britain's Got Talent: Manchester terror attack victim leaves Ant...
- 01:50 Stratford firms win Queen’s Award
- 01:46 Heathrow v Gatwick: Could the winner be... Stansted?
- 01:39 Is marathon running bad for you?
- 01:25 Why I wanted my male rape to be on Coronation Street
- 01:25 Rafa Benitez puts Islam Slimani on standby as he vows to change a...
- 01:22 Why singer Lucy Dacus makes her fans cry
- 01:22 What do Indian parents tell their children about rape?
- 01:22 North Korea undergoes an image change ahead of summits
- 01:18 Rogeting: why 'sinister buttocks' are creeping into students' essays
- 01:16 Giant penguin fossil shows bird was taller than most humans
- 01:07 HQ Trivia: The free app giving away thousands of pounds