The famous Midland dishes that are about to die out
A food historian is pudding out all the stops in a bid to save two of the Midland’s oldest dishes from extinction.
The future is far from sweet for Bosworth Jumbles – Britain’s earliest known cake – and Shropshire Fidget Pie.
Both dishes have been placed on the “critically endangered” list. It seems local folk have desserted them.
Now culinary expert Seren Evans-Charrington is planning a “bake escape” for the ancient snacks by getting them back on our tables.
“The casualty of us eating out more and embracing a more varied, global diet has been that we are at risk of losing many of our local... read more
- 00:46 EastEnders spoilers: Disaster rocks Walford! Will everyone survive...
- 00:46 Emmerdale spoilers: Robert Sugden vows to stand by Aaron Dingle...
- 00:46 Emmerdale spoilers: Hostage horror as Debbie Dingle’s return sparks...
- 00:46 Hollyoaks spoilers: Ste Hay and Harry Thompson to split?
- 00:44 Gillian Burke 'horrified to be blamed for Springwatch team break-up'
- 00:44 Miranda Hart's 'short notice' departure led to Call The...
- 00:44 Jasmine waltzes out of CBB in shock eviction
- 00:44 Poor transport links to services 'hurting rural communities'
- 00:44 Craig David and Tinie Tempah among acts for War Child Brits Week
- 00:42 Trainer Harry Fry considers Cheltenham options for American after...
- 00:37 Leeds 2023 culture bid team is hoping for a helping hand (or two)...
- 00:37 'Holy smokes that is a dinosaur!' Enormous gator nicknamed Humpback...
- 00:36 UK businesses wary about investment on Brexit doubts: survey
- 00:33 Simon Mignolet: Why I believe I can be Jurgen Klopp's No1...
- 00:33 Zlatan Ibrahimovic: Paul Pogba can deal with the pressure on his...
- 00:33 Everton star Tom Davies: Why I owe my first goal to Ronald Koeman...
- 00:33 Pep Guardiola is not the only one at fault for the mess at...
- 00:29 Tory Tribunal Fees are Giving Britain’s Worst Bosses a Free Ride
- 00:28 The successful women embracing ‘girl power’
- 00:28 Can your voice reveal whether you have an illness?
- 00:28 Christian Dior boss: Fashion success through reinvention
- 00:25 100 women: 'Why I fought being banished to a hut during my period'
- 00:25 OPEC sees market stability in 2017, Venezuela aims for $70 price
- 00:25 Sherlock and Doctor Who: 9 times their worlds collided
- 00:24 Former Man United, Bayern Munich and Barcelona boss Louis Van Gaal...
- 00:23 Man jailed for South Ribble thefts
- 00:23 When fast food gets an Indian twist
- 00:22 China Stocks-Factors to watch on Tuesday
- 00:22 Chinese president to defend globalization in Davos
- 00:21 Soaring toll of NHS patients harmed as doctors prescribe the WRONG...