The creepy socially intelligent robots that are so realistic they feel like 'they are alive'
They are intended to make people feel more comfortable interacting with robots, but disembodied Furhat heads may have the opposite effect on some.
The creepy creations, which use mannequins as their base, can be altered to take on the appearance of a range of computer generated characters.
Designed to be 'socially intelligent', their creator says they are so realistic that they feel 'like they are alive.'
Scroll down for video
INTEREST IN FURHAT Furhat is named after the headgear worn by an early version of the robot.
Its unique projector based system means robot designs are almost... read more
- 15:52 RSC confirms David Walliams and Robbie Williams collaboration
- 15:52 Stratford skipper Whelan eyeing title challenge
- 15:51 Thunderstorms: What causes this extreme weather phenomena and can...
- 15:51 New gin bar and real ale pub on the way?
- 15:51 Scotland school clothing grant of £100 to relieve family pressure
- 15:51 Boy arrested over stabbing death of Sheffield teenager
- 15:50 Flood defences coming to Padiham
- 15:49 Taxi driver 'who rubbed groin' loses appeal to win back licence
- 15:49 Motorists face severe delays in Leeds city centre as police deal...
- 15:48 Young Americans are paying $600 to learn social skills. They should...
- 15:48 Our relationship with our 32-year-old daughter has broken down
- 15:48 Meghan Markle’s coat of arms revealed by Kensington Palace...
- 15:48 South Shields thug who beat up his girlfriend is spared jail after...
- 15:48 What and when is Trinity Sunday and how is it celebrated?
- 15:48 Marks and Spencer's 'everywoman' exposed as a high street myth
- 15:48 Martin Parr’s day at the Chelsea flower show – a photo essay
- 15:47 Brendan Ingle obituary
- 15:47 Leinster target Pro14 final win over Scarlets for Irish triple...
- 15:47 Public Health England warns of measles outbreak at music festivals
- 15:47 Donald Trump says North Korea summit could be back on
- 15:46 Cumbria Police urges residents to be wary of sunny weather thieves
- 15:46 Exploding lighter fuel can left teen needing skin graft
- 15:46 Sunderland experts land book deal with Harry Potter publisher
- 15:46 Inspirational film about Whitnash man’s cancer battle shows the...
- 15:45 Man accused of killing Sheffield toddler due back in court next week
- 15:45 Photographer documents the raw reality of the first year of motherhood
- 15:44 Burnley's empty homes blight being tackled
- 15:44 Exploding lighter fuel can left teen needing skin graft
- 15:42 Wigan friends walking coast to coast for soldier
- 15:41 “Active shooter” at Indiana middle school in US