The Crafty Traveller: Don’t let the Airbnb crooks kill your break
Airbnb is an astonishing success.
Since its creation eight years ago, the market-leading accommodation website, where ‘hosts’ advertise spare rooms, apartments and even entire homes for rent, has been used by more than 100 million guests.
The website now has 2.5 million listings around the world.
I have been one of its satisfied customers.
In the past year I’ve used Airbnb to rent apartments in Dorset, Dublin, Prague and Bergen in Norway. In each case they were good-value and lived up to expectations, and I encountered no problems with the hosts or with bookings.
But things can go wrong.... read more
- 08:18 Adnan Januzaj: Move from Man United not been easy, but I’m fitter,...
- 08:17 LATEST: Seven arrested over London terror attack
- 08:17 Police in West Yorkshire ramp up patrols in wake of Westminster...
- 08:17 Coalition to push company tax changes without splitting off small...
- 08:16 Every Premier League captain ranked: Who has had the biggest impact...
- 08:16 Spain boss Julen Lopetegui reveals what he really thinks of Chelsea...
- 08:16 Derbyshire drugs gang jailed for more than 17 years
- 08:16 Sam Jones 'loving' his time at Grimsby Town – and isn't giving up...
- 08:16 Grimsby Town new stadium: Marcus Bignot wants club to be in League...
- 08:16 Lukas Podolski: This is why Arsene Wenger is irreplaceable
- 08:15 Water may flow from Buxton well once again
- 08:14 'Terrorist attack' leaves Notts MPs in Parliament lock-down
- 08:14 Where can I buy a Red Nose for Comic Relief 2017? Shops stocking...
- 08:14 Made In Chelsea’s Toff posts extraordinary live tweets from inside...
- 08:14 Seven arrested in police raids after Westminster atrocity
- 08:14 Stephen Belafonte in public meltdown at LA restaurant over divorce...
- 08:13 Bed company launches competition to find the messiest bedroom in...
- 08:13 N’Golo Kante heaps praise on ‘exceptional’ Kylian Mbappe
- 08:13 SNEAK PEEK: What’s inside this week’s Ripley and Heanor News?
- 08:13 Ideas for how to treat mum this Mother’s Day in Derbyshire
- 08:13 Fire at restaurant closes main road through Alfreton
- 08:13 Derbyshire drugs gang jailed for more than 17 years
- 08:13 Owner of dog that bit jogger denies it was dangerously out of control
- 08:13 Firefighters tackle ‘large’ building blaze
- 08:13 Latest Chesterfield magistrates’ court results
- 08:12 RISE AND SHINE: Live travel news, weather and fun features - March 23
- 08:12 In-store sales at Next PLC are down with more tough times ahead
- 08:10 BEFORE THE BENCH: Cases due to be heard at magistrates' court in...
- 08:10 RISE AND SHINE: Live travel news, weather and fun features - March 23
- 08:09 3,000 employees at steelworks to be offered chance to extend...