The classic Mini Cooper that's gone electric: BMW swaps petrol engine for battery power and a 65-mile range
It's not a move that will please the Mini purists.
BMW, the German owner of the classic British brand, has decided to showcase the zero-emissions future of the iconic marque by taking a classic Mini and swapping its petrol engine for electric power.
The Mini Cooper's original peppy 1,275cc four-cylinder powerplant was replaced with lithium-iron phosphate batteries and an electric motor, which the car maker says showcases 'the brand's unmistakable character whilst embracing zero local emissions technology'.
In some diehard Mini fans' minds that statement might translate into one word... read more
- 14:11 Care home settles out of court after family claim 80-year-old man...
- 14:10 How Sir Alex Ferguson used Cristiano Ronaldo to help sign two...
- 14:10 Morris dancers to get toes tapping at St Georges Day performance
- 14:09 Banyan: Insecticide 'drip' to save 700-year-old Indian tree
- 14:09 Lesbian mums can't register baby in Italy
- 14:08 Arsene Wenger reveals how the World Cup is affecting Arsenal...
- 14:08 Backbench MPs table motion to force vote on EU customs union
- 14:07 Final tickets released for CarFest North 2018 - Here's how to get them
- 14:07 Eden Project North to be built at The Bay
- 14:07 Take to the road in a sportive
- 14:07 Heated public meeting over Oatlands Junior School plans
- 14:06 Dog beach ban returns next month in Whitby and Scarborough
- 14:06 Shire rejects £43bn offer from Japan's Takeda Pharmaceutical
- 14:06 Woman spent £190,000 on plastic surgery to look like her...
- 14:04 Fundraising ball to be held in memory of Chester schoolgirl
- 14:03 Twilight walk for Loros hospice set to raise more than £100k in...
- 14:03 PSG boss Unai Emery does not know if Neymar will return from injury...
- 14:03 Monaco 'send scouts to watch Ryan Sessegnon' as they join...
- 14:03 World Snooker Championship draw pairs Ronnie O'Sullivan and Stephen...
- 14:02 David Cameron: Calling a referendum on the EU was the right choice
- 13:59 Council change policy to prevent whistleblowers losing their job
- 13:59 Barcelona squad turned on Ernesto Valverde after shock Roma defeat...
- 13:59 ECB proposes radical 100-ball format for flagship Twenty20...
- 13:58 Warwick residents to celebrate Royal wedding with street party
- 13:56 ‘No more sledging’ says new Australia Test cricket captain Tim Paine
- 13:56 Viewers enraged with This Morning’s ‘disgusting’ Dale Winton tribute
- 13:55 Can guys feel the difference between different vaginas just with...
- 13:54 Why Homeland deserves to go out on top
- 13:54 'Unexplained' Dale Winton death investigated by police amid...
- 13:53 Animatronic Arnie pushes PPI complaints to four-year high