The Calais conversation that left Lily Allen in tears
Singer Lily Allen has never visited a refugee camp before. So when she meets unaccompanied child migrants living in a makeshift camp in Calais, it all becomes too much.
"I think as human beings we have a responsibility to help those who are suffering," Lily Allen explains to the BBC's Victoria Derbyshire programme.
She's at a recording studio in London, where she is working on her new album. It is less than 100 miles from the so-called Jungle in Calais - home to up to 10,000 migrants from countries such as Afghanistan, Syria and Eritrea - but the two places feel worlds apart.
The... read more
- 01:27 PICTURE EXCLUSIVE: Kerry Ka-toned up! Mum-of-five flashes...
- 01:27 Heidi Klum, 44, flaunts her svelte figure in striking black gown...
- 01:27 Fun in the city! Bella Hadid goes braless in white crop top and...
- 01:27 Love Island's Jess Shears goes for pyjama-chic while cosying up to...
- 01:15 Snooker player Joe Perry fined £2,500 and handed suspended...
- 01:15 British teenager Lando Norris to test drive with McLaren in Hungary
- 01:00 Celtic facing race against time to have striker Leigh Griffiths fit...
- 00:59 Facebook calls for a more people-centric security industry
- 00:57 Brexit EU migration study launched by Amber Rudd
- 00:56 Talking transfer records? Neymar embraces Paul Pogba after agreeing...
- 00:56 Xbox One X: First impressions, pre-orders and release
- 00:52 Mental health crisis services in England 'under pressure'
- 00:52 EastEnders spoilers: Whitney Carter still wants Mick as she returns...
- 00:47 Car production falls almost 14% as UK sales dip
- 00:45 Man Booker Prize: Arundhati Roy comeback novel on longlist
- 00:45 Sugar tax 'must not be used to plug school budgets'
- 00:45 Prince William starts last day as air ambulance pilot
- 00:43 Ashley Fletcher set for £6.5m move to Middlesbrough after...
- 00:41 Why did Justin Bieber cut his Purpose tour short?
- 00:41 Everton target Gylfi Sigurdsson returns to Swansea first-team...
- 00:40 The businesses capitalising on 24-hour sunlight
- 00:39 US: Senate votes narrowly to start Obamacare debate
- 00:39 World leaders slam Russian sanctions
- 00:39 Hard-pressed Tories won’t ditch spycop
- 00:39 Underpaid care workers face long wait for wages
- 00:39 Court Scraps Tax on Justice at Work
- 00:37 West Brom seal two victories in one night as Jay Rodriguez grabs...
- 00:34 Nag Panchami 2017: Quotes, greetings, wishes, photos, messages...
- 00:32 Andres Gutierrez: I will ruin Carl Frampton's homecoming party
- 00:23 Rutherglen gents make the last eight of the Bowls Scotland finals