The Budget with ZERO mentions for savers: Hammond fails to offer any cheer - and the Isa limit won't rise
Prudent Britons hoping for some cheer in the Budget today were left bitterly disappointed, with the official 86 page document containing zero mentions of the word 'savers'.
The Isa allowance will not even rise with inflation in April, with the tax-free limit for 2018 to 19 remaining frozen at £20,000 - but Junior Isas will be up-rated in line with CPI to £4,260.
The band of savings income that is subject to the 0 per cent starting rate - which helps those on low incomes - will also be kept at its current level of £5,000 for 2018 to 19.
Meanwhile, Chancellor Philip Hammond targeted National... read more
- 15:53 Cow’s burps could become less damaging if we feed them seaweed
- 15:53 Man accused of killing Sheffield toddler due back in court next week
- 15:53 BREAKING NEWS: Person hit by train at Doncaster railway station
- 15:53 VIDEO: Decline in Puffin numbers on the Farnes
- 15:52 Liverpool star James Milner is BETTER than Cristiano Ronaldo – new...
- 15:52 Man accused of killing Sheffield toddler due back in court next week
- 15:52 RSC confirms David Walliams and Robbie Williams collaboration
- 15:52 Stratford skipper Whelan eyeing title challenge
- 15:51 Thunderstorms: What causes this extreme weather phenomena and can...
- 15:51 New gin bar and real ale pub on the way?
- 15:51 Scotland school clothing grant of £100 to relieve family pressure
- 15:51 Boy arrested over stabbing death of Sheffield teenager
- 15:50 Flood defences coming to Padiham
- 15:49 Taxi driver 'who rubbed groin' loses appeal to win back licence
- 15:49 Motorists face severe delays in Leeds city centre as police deal...
- 15:48 Young Americans are paying $600 to learn social skills. They should...
- 15:48 Our relationship with our 32-year-old daughter has broken down
- 15:48 Meghan Markle’s coat of arms revealed by Kensington Palace...
- 15:48 South Shields thug who beat up his girlfriend is spared jail after...
- 15:48 What and when is Trinity Sunday and how is it celebrated?
- 15:48 Marks and Spencer's 'everywoman' exposed as a high street myth
- 15:48 Martin Parr’s day at the Chelsea flower show – a photo essay
- 15:47 Brendan Ingle obituary
- 15:47 Leinster target Pro14 final win over Scarlets for Irish triple...
- 15:47 Public Health England warns of measles outbreak at music festivals
- 15:47 Donald Trump says North Korea summit could be back on
- 15:46 Cumbria Police urges residents to be wary of sunny weather thieves
- 15:46 Exploding lighter fuel can left teen needing skin graft
- 15:46 Sunderland experts land book deal with Harry Potter publisher
- 15:46 Inspirational film about Whitnash man’s cancer battle shows the...