The brothers who play in the dark: Vincent and Zakkery's allergy to SUNLIGHT means they must be fully covered up or go outside at night
Two young brothers are confined to playing indoors during the daytime because they are both allergic to sunlight.
When Vincent, one, and Zakkery, 10 months, are exposed to light, their faces swell up and they develop a painful rash.
The boys haven't been given a diagnosis, but doctors suspect they may have an ultra-rare condition called Erythropoietic Protoporphyria (EPP) - which leaves the skin more sensitive to UV rays.
Parents Lisa, 32, and Andrew Mason, 43, from Barnsley, can't let them leave the house without covering them up and placing them in a pram with a sunroof shade.
During the... read more
- 15:03 Sunderland school sets pupils on path to employment
- 15:02 Why Mohamed Salah is already the best finisher at Liverpool FC
- 15:02 'I didn't intend to kill him' says man accused of murdering David...
- 15:02 What I want my eldest child to know before he starts high school
- 15:02 Paolo Nutini to play Paisley Abbey to support town's City of...
- 15:01 When does Wimbledon 2017 start, when is the draw, order of play...
- 15:01 South Yorkshire students celebrate outstanding achievements
- 15:01 US STOCKS-Wall St boosted by tech stocks, rebound in oil prices
- 15:01 Former Brazilian finance minister Palocci to 12 years in prison
- 15:01 British folklore and fairy tales ‘dying out’
- 15:01 Eyewitness describes moment bomb disposal experts pulled up on his...
- 15:00 Ex-Bayern Munich goalkeeper joins Hartlepool United
- 15:00 Chance to vote for film to be screened at Hartlepool Waterfront...
- 14:59 VIDEO: Neighbour speaks of shock after man’s death on a Stanley...
- 14:59 RAF reserve Leeds nurse who helped saved motorway bridge fall man's...
- 14:59 One in five Brits would rather date a pet owner
- 14:59 Normanton schoolgirl Erin Connell impresses Pixie Lott on The Voice...
- 14:59 Oldest part of city set for a revamp
- 14:59 Tom Hardy poses for selfies at Nuneaton garage
- 14:59 Arsenal swapping Alexis Sanchez for Sergio Aguero won't be a good...
- 14:58 Patients relying on crowdfunding to buy wheelchairs, doctor warns
- 14:58 Happy birthday Bridlington library
- 14:58 Coach park move is one step closer
- 14:57 Where can I buy a Corbyn 'Nike' t-shirt that took Glastonbury by...
- 14:57 Man to appear in crown court charged with attacking police
- 14:57 Good bye Robin Hood, Nessy and King Arthur? British folklore and...
- 14:57 Patients relying on crowdfunding to buy wheelchairs, doctor warns
- 14:56 Fake ID used in bid to buy Rolex watch
- 14:56 New pathway will help cyclists and walkers to avoid busy town roads
- 14:55 Congo finds 10 more mass graves in insurgency-hit Kasai region