The brothers who play in the dark: Vincent and Zakkery's allergy to SUNLIGHT means they must be fully covered up or go outside at night
Two young brothers are confined to playing indoors during the daytime because they are both allergic to sunlight.
When Vincent, one, and Zakkery, 10 months, are exposed to light, their faces swell up and they develop a painful rash.
The boys haven't been given a diagnosis, but doctors suspect they may have an ultra-rare condition called Erythropoietic Protoporphyria (EPP) - which leaves the skin more sensitive to UV rays.
Parents Lisa, 32, and Andrew Mason, 43, from Barnsley, can't let them leave the house without covering them up and placing them in a pram with a sunroof shade.
During the... read more
- 21:10 Two dead after Cheshunt flat stabbing attack
- 21:10 Warning to Guildford firms ahead of parkour teen death memorial
- 21:10 Video: inside Chester's new-look Bull & Stirrup
- 21:09 Warwickshire youth parliament results revealed
- 21:09 Burglars target a number of shops in Warwick town centre
- 21:06 Fears grow for missing Iraq war veteran suffering from PTSD...
- 21:04 William Hill first bookies to back Yes vote for Indyref2
- 21:02 Iraq's oil reserves increase to 153 billion barrels, oil minister says
- 21:00 Woman, 27, dead and children among injured in Cumbria crash horror
- 20:59 Migrants catch buses to Dunkirk in latest bid to reach Britain
- 20:59 Merkel gets tough on migrants: Chancellor deports RECORD 80,000...
- 20:59 Man United boss Jose Mourinho reveals why Chelsea are favourites...
- 20:57 Countryfile viewers horrified by GRAPHIC cow Caesarean: ‘Tell me...
- 20:57 Newcastle know they have the capabilities to beat Aston Villa -...
- 20:57 Jose Mourinho hints Chelsea should have edge in FA Cup...
- 20:55 Jose Mourinho praises attitude of Paul Pogba and Zlatan Ibrahimovic...
- 20:54 Police surprised by response for oversubscribed ‘ride along’ scheme
- 20:53 Discover just what Bowland has to offer
- 20:51 'Chelsea can afford to pay more attention to FA Cup quarter final...
- 20:49 Euro giants join four Premier League clubs in battle for £40m-rated...
- 20:47 YouTube sensation Korean Billy tries his hand at talking Brummie
- 20:41 Suicide bomb in market in Somalia capital kills 39
- 20:41 Neglected dog’s fur was so matted it couldn’t pee properly
- 20:39 Alex Neil says Norwich City struggle in games like trip to Burton...
- 20:39 Mother of baby who nearly died from heart defect raises money for...
- 20:38 Retired Cod Wars trawler converted into Ben Nevis BnB
- 20:37 Graeme Souness launches scathing attack on Arsenal star Mesut Ozil
- 20:36 Welsh Premier: Bangor City survive late scare to take three points
- 20:31 Chelsea ace is destined for big things: He's proved this to Antonio...
- 20:31 Paul Scholes: Jose Mourinho must sign Champions League winner to...