The Brexit effect? Pound Man is back - but now he's asking for 50p
A notorious beggar who demands £1 from strangers for his bus fare home is back on the streets in Kirklees – but has been hit by a slump in the pound.
The man – dubbed Pound Man – approaches people in supermarket car parks and public areas asking for money.
He always has a sob story saying he needs the money to get home or to see his partner who is about to give birth in hospital.
The Examiner reported in February how Pound Man plagued supermarkets across in Dewsbury, Huddersfield and beyond.
His favourite haunts included Sainsbury’s Shorehead store in Huddersfield, Tesco in Batley and... read more
- 08:41 Coach boost for financial adviser
- 08:40 Emergency services launch investigation into a summer house blaze
- 08:39 WEATHER: Cold, dry day with rain by tonight across Derbyshire
- 08:39 Help over Freeview TV problems
- 08:39 Club hears talk on music history
- 08:39 Emergency services launch investigation into a summer house blaze
- 08:39 Health chiefs raise awareness of regular HIV testing
- 08:38 Dog rescued from South Yorkshire kitchen blaze
- 08:38 Alexandra Burke once again favourite for Strictly crown as she tops...
- 08:38 Firefighters battle two outdoor fires near Doncaster
- 08:37 Planning list for council to determine
- 08:36 Carl Frampton secures points victory over Horacio Garcia on...
- 08:36 Peter Kay tickets on sale from today - insider tips on beating the...
- 08:34 Emergency services launch investigation into a summer house blaze
- 08:33 Ilkeston arsonist must pay £1,000 compensation to victim
- 08:27 'The board have to make a decision' West Brom boss Tony Pulis - the...
- 08:25 No seasonal slowdown at Heatherslaw Cornmill
- 08:25 Northumberland farmer lands new role with the CLA
- 08:25 Beer festival helps hospice
- 08:25 Engineers reveal how they made Guy Martin's Mark IV replica tank
- 08:22 Manchester United target £136million double transfer of Antoine...
- 08:21 Strictly Come Dancing 2017: Viewers call out Mollie King over...
- 08:21 Devious way a man recorded teenage girl in a shower
- 08:19 A robotic revolution? Newcastle City Council frees up staff days by...
- 08:19 Why does it take so long to turn into North Shields at new Billy...
- 08:19 Current affairs getting you down? Here are some reason to be cheerful
- 08:19 Where we are in the league of shame for stealing from supermarket...
- 08:18 WEATHER: Cold, dry day with rain by tonight across Derbyshire
- 08:17 WEATHER: Cold, dry day with rain by tonight across Derbyshire
- 08:16 ‘Baileys’ recipe video: Here’s how to make your own whiskey and...