The blood test that reveals whether YOU are going deaf: Experts reveal a protein which may prevent hearing loss in later life
A simple blood test could help detect hearing loss at an earlier stage than hearing tests currently available allow.
Researchers have identified a protein found in the blood that could be used to identify if someone really is going deaf.
There are various causes of hearing loss, including age, viruses and trauma. Yet while a decline in hearing can sometimes be very quick, in most cases it is gradual and too subtle for most people to notice.
It is often not picked up until it is quite severe, by which time other problems such as social isolation, depression and tinnitus — a ringing in the... read more
- 13:34 Under-fire Walsall boss insists: 'I am going to keep doing the job...
- 13:29 Work set to start on £17.5m Penwortham Bypass
- 13:34 CCTV clip: Men jailed for Chapeltown Road attack outside Leeds...
- 13:29 Calls for Chorley Council to reinstate town’s Flat Iron car park
- 13:34 "Big hug for Tony Pulis" - Pep Guardiola's verdict on West Brom's...
- 13:29 Preston bucks the trend as more stores open than close
- 13:34 The case for Michael O'Neill as next West Brom manager
- 13:29 COLUMN: Why are we all so horrid?
- 13:29 Tributes paid to former first citizen Bob Williamson
- 13:29 Victoria Atkins follows in her political parents' footsteps
- 13:32 Morecambe Community High School head to resign
- 13:29 Garstang is blooming marvellous
- 13:32 I would not be here without the outdoors, says Blackpool mountain...
- 13:29 Behind the scenes at Audi's new design centre
- 13:29 Police continue to quiz man, 49, in Gaia Pope disappearance probe
- 13:33 Who was Sir John Whinnerah and why is the Tesco roundabout in...
- 13:32 Earth-sized planet discovered with 'mild' climate and peaceful...
- 13:29 ‘We live in fear without Longridge town police’
- 13:32 Jobs at risk at uni due to ‘Brexit challenges’
- 13:32 Driving examiners to stage 48-hour strike on day new test is launched
- 13:29 Want to tweet? Just be careful!
- 13:32 Hospitals face predicted worst-ever A&E waiting times this winter
- 13:33 Money saving tips for families ahead of Black Friday
- 13:33 Here's how to get tickets to see Beauty and the Beast at the Derby...
- 13:29 Reaching for stars in astronomy GCSE
- 13:32 Dynamo cycling feature: Slow riding from Lancaster to Heysham
- 13:33 Government could hit smokers with second tax rise in a year, warn...
- 13:32 Lancaster girls’ school stands by single sex education
- 13:29 Celebrating 40 years of art
- 13:33 Asda are selling a 'smash cake' for just £13