The answer to online fraud? New bank Revolut launches virtual debit cards that automatically destroy themselves after each use to protect customers
App-based challenger bank Revolut has launched a new feature which it claims will help its customers sidestep rampant online fraud.
It is the first in the UK to offer the feature, which works by generating a new disposable virtual card for every online purchase customers make via its smartphone app.
The idea is that this will prevent swindlers from stealing your payment information to use in future fraudulent transactions online.
Revoult, which became the first digital bank to break even in December last year, has had a flurry of new launches in recent months including a location-triggered... read more
- 14:16 Gieves & Hawkes at The Red House
- 14:15 Registering EU citizens in UK needs proper strategy – thinktank
- 14:14 Man died at euthanasia clinic after ‘jealous girlfriend threw acid...
- 14:14 Buzz Aldrin did not see alien UFOs during 1969 Apollo moon mission
- 14:14 How to get a good night’s sleep when it’s hot
- 14:14 Secret diners eating full English fry-ups at cafes all over...
- 14:14 Chance to meet Commonwealth Games medallist at Daventry District...
- 14:13 Dog beach ban returns next month in Whitby and Scarborough
- 14:13 Eden Project North coming to The Bay
- 14:12 Ant and Dec’s Golden Buzzer act actually slammed Britain’s Got...
- 14:12 Let's scoot to school: thousands of pupils to embark on travel...
- 14:12 US Open to be shown on Amazon exclusively in the UK after retail...
- 14:12 Crystal Palace reward young defender Aaron Wan-Bissaka for...
- 14:12 Dale Winton death 'not being treated as suspicious' by police
- 14:11 Care home settles out of court after family claim 80-year-old man...
- 14:10 How Sir Alex Ferguson used Cristiano Ronaldo to help sign two...
- 14:10 Morris dancers to get toes tapping at St Georges Day performance
- 14:09 Banyan: Insecticide 'drip' to save 700-year-old Indian tree
- 14:09 Lesbian mums can't register baby in Italy
- 14:08 Arsene Wenger reveals how the World Cup is affecting Arsenal...
- 14:08 Backbench MPs table motion to force vote on EU customs union
- 14:07 Final tickets released for CarFest North 2018 - Here's how to get them
- 14:07 Eden Project North to be built at The Bay
- 14:07 Take to the road in a sportive
- 14:07 Heated public meeting over Oatlands Junior School plans
- 14:06 Dog beach ban returns next month in Whitby and Scarborough
- 14:06 Shire rejects £43bn offer from Japan's Takeda Pharmaceutical
- 14:06 Woman spent £190,000 on plastic surgery to look like her...
- 14:04 Fundraising ball to be held in memory of Chester schoolgirl
- 14:03 Twilight walk for Loros hospice set to raise more than £100k in...