The agony and guilt at having to wait for a child to die so our baby can live: Parents of Britain's youngest patient on the heart transplant waiting list reveal their inner torment
Every hospital has a number of small, sparsely furnished rooms used by doctors to impart bad news, with a sofa, soft lamp and box of tissues on the table.
In the past six months, Amy and Nick Brace, parents of a 21-week-old baby girl called Marnie, have been ushered into these rooms with grim regularity.
The first was before their beloved daughter was even born, and then most recently, just six weeks ago, to be told she is desperately ill and will die unless she is given a new heart.
Scroll down for video
'You know when they guide you towards those little rooms that something very serious... read more
- 19:40 School bus bullies leave boy, 7, in tears by making fun of his...
- 19:38 Who will be next Arsenal manager? The contenders to replace Wenger
- 19:37 Care for 13,000 Britons at risk as provider seeks rescue plan
- 19:27 Man jailed for 20-year spate of sex abuse on children
- 19:25 Luis Enrique set to take over from Arsene Wenger at Arsenal at the...
- 19:25 Mark Robins makes this change to Coventry City team to face Stevenage
- 19:24 Towering figure in junior sport, George Brough, dies aged 82
- 19:23 England's netball success shines light on thriving UK club scene
- 19:23 Arsène Wenger, Arsenal's departing general, deserves a fitting...
- 19:23 Swedish superstar DJ Avicii dead at just 28
- 19:21 There's life in this old bird yet
- 19:20 Tornado steam train breaks down during 90mph run
- 19:19 Joseph Stiglitz: 2018 Sydney Peace prize winner on tax cuts and Trump
- 19:19 Swedish DJ Avicii dies aged 28
- 19:16 WATCH: CCTV appeal after fire at Preston shed company
- 19:15 DJ Avicci dies aged 28
- 19:15 New Jersey gym fires three staff members after two black men are...
- 19:12 WATCH: CCTV appeal after fire at Preston shed company
- 19:12 Swedish DJ Avicii has died at the age of 28
- 19:12 Swedish DJ Avicii found dead aged 28
- 19:11 Middleton's Ash End Children's Farm opens new mini beast attraction
- 19:11 Drug dealer suspects arrested and two cannabis farms destroyed...
- 19:11 DJ Avicii dies at the age of 28, his agent confirms
- 19:11 Swedish DJ Avicii dies aged 28
- 19:10 West Brom director Richard Garlick to leave the club to take up new...
- 19:08 People hurt in multi-vehicle crash on the M1 tonight
- 19:06 Avicii dead at 28 as world famous DJ and producer passes away
- 19:06 Scientists edge closer to creating a male pill that turns off sperm...
- 19:06 Nasa will have a space station that will orbit the moon in 2025 to...
- 19:06 Apple reveals 'Daisy', the robot that takes apart your dead iPhone...