The 10 best boat breaks: Love the water but don't fancy a cruise? Then, hire your own boat
If you love the water but don’t fancy a full-blown cruise, why not hire your own boat? Take command yourself or book a crew who’ll let you take the wheel occasionally.
If you are going it alone, check what qualifications, if any, you need before you set sail.
1. START WITH YOUR OWN GREEK ODYSSEY
Never sailed before? Book Neilson’s Stay And Sail holiday in Greece and take the Introduction To Yachting course (£239pp) during your first week at the Retreat Beachclub in Sivota. You’ll spend the second week sailing a 32ft Dufour 325 yacht in a flotilla.
Berths: 4. Two weeks costs from £999pp for... read more
- 08:00 Tanya Burr's 'daunting' move from YouTube to acting
- 08:00 Danny Boyle to direct next Bond film
- 07:58 Armed bystander shoots dead gunman who opened fire in restaurant
- 07:55 Body found in search for missing Leamington man
- 07:55 Police tent erected at Sheffield murder scene after death of boy, 15
- 07:54 Criminal proceedings not ruled out over use of donations for...
- 07:53 Sheila Hancock on Edie: 'There aren't many actors still around who...
- 07:51 Father and daughter step out for charity
- 07:51 Green-fingered Brownies lend a hand
- 07:51 Popular landlord and colourful character dies
- 07:51 Antiques show heads to Alnwick
- 07:51 Celebrating LGBT culture and life in Northumberland
- 07:51 Latest results from the courts
- 07:51 Northumberland Day – a celebration of our heritage
- 07:51 GALLERY: A trip to the Farne Islands.
- 07:44 Edinburgh Woollen Mill confirms it will move headquarters to Carlisle
- 07:43 Why cockroach milk is the ultimate ‘superfood’
- 07:41 Police tent erected at Sheffield murder scene after death of boy, 15
- 07:40 Man from north London charged with terrorism offences
- 07:40 Cash converters: could this Dutch scheme stop drivers speeding?
- 07:40 Who betrayed Anne Frank? Book claims to shed new light on mystery
- 07:40 Leeds Windrush victim could not travel to see star athlete sister’s...
- 07:39 Parking your car the wrong way round could land you a £1000 fine
- 07:39 Stories of good deeds
- 07:39 City centre is now bereft of trees
- 07:39 'Jealous' Northampton woman yanked out ex-boyfriend's dreadlocks...
- 07:39 'I feared for my life': Woman's account of alleged kidnap and sex...
- 07:38 Motorcyclist airlifted to hospital with serious injuries following...
- 07:34 Orphaned fox cub rescued from busy road by West Cumbrian animal...
- 07:34 Global health conference to return to Cumbria after snow forced...