Thais mourn death of beloved king Bhumibol
Thailand began its first day in 70 years without a king in a profound state of mourning on Friday, as the crown prince asked for more time before ascending the throne following the death of his father and the world's longest-reigning monarch, Bhumibol Adulyadej.
The government declared a public holiday and people across the nation dressed in black, their eyes swollen and red with hours of weeping.
Many were still breaking down in a spontaneous outburst of emotion that reflected the deep love and respect Bhumibol commanded in Thailand.
The 88-year-old king had spent much of the last decade... read more
- 09:54 BREAKING: Gunman in a pig mask goes on shooting rampage in Las...
- 09:53 National award for travel agent
- 09:53 Down Memory Lane in pictures
- 09:53 LIVE REVIEW: Yes feat. Anderson, Rabin & Wakeman at Eventim Apollo,...
- 09:52 Man United star: I want to win an award… but this is more important
- 09:52 Liverpool midfielder holds talks with Jurgen Klopp: This is what he...
- 09:49 Tottenham prepare summer transfers after £50m was wasted last year
- 09:49 Luis Garcia: This is why Philippe Coutinho must not leave Liverpool...
- 09:49 Lincolnshire County Council could end its Local Government...
- 09:49 South Keveston District Council ask residents for help to improve...
- 09:48 Shropshire protests being held over feared maternity unit cutbacks
- 09:47 50 South Yorkshire homes hit by power cut
- 09:44 Danger driver rammed taxi off road before speeding away at 100mph...
- 09:44 Major Derbyshire road closed after crash between car and lorry
- 09:44 Tatler shares all the things that make your fridge posh
- 09:44 Javier Hernandez makes history as he equals Mexico goalscoring record
- 09:42 Three charged with conspiracy to commit robbery in Nottinghamshire
- 09:42 Sports facility reopens after major refurbishment
- 09:42 Comic Relief end of night total REVEALED but Red Nose Day viewers...
- 09:41 Easter theatre fun for youngsters
- 09:41 Jeremy McConnell returns to Instagram as Ex on the Beach rumours...
- 09:41 Passionate performance by Japanese pianist
- 09:41 DR Congo unrest: Why have 10 mass graves been found in Kasai?
- 09:41 Town in top five for food hygiene improvements
- 09:41 Fernando Alonso admits McLaren might struggle to finish Australian...
- 09:41 What are Scotland's chances of qualifying for the 2018 World Cup? -...
- 09:41 7 Expert tips for cutting sugar the sensible way
- 09:41 South Lakes weather for Saturday March 25
- 09:41 Barrow's emergency services pay their respects as nation mourns...
- 09:41 Patrons back bid to buy and renovate Cumbrian poet's Millom home