Thailand confirms two cases of Zika-linked microcephaly
Thai health officials have confirmed two cases of microcephaly, a severe birth defect linked to the Zika virus.
It is the first time in South East Asia that the disease has been linked to the condition, which causes abnormally small brains and heads.
Several countries in the region have reported Zika cases. The virus is transmitted by the Aedes mosquito which also spreads dengue and chikungunya.
The current outbreak of the disease was first detected in Brazil last year.
Cases have recently been reported across South East Asia.
Zika outbreak: What you need to know
"To summarise we have... read more
- 21:27 Mohamed Salah to wear No.11 at Liverpool after completing £39m...
- 21:27 I’ll give county a determined and loud voice
- 21:27 Passengers face three more days of misery after new rail strike is...
- 21:25 Global stocks advance on modest oil bounce
- 21:25 U.S. voices concern about violence against monitors in east Ukraine
- 21:24 Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp delighted with Mohamed Salah transfer
- 21:22 Done Deal: Liverpool complete Mohamed Salah transfer
- 21:22 Tail docking row: could it cost Nicola Sturgeon votes?
- 21:22 What can the SNP teach Theresa May about minority government?
- 21:22 May offers EU nationals the right to stay after Brexit
- 21:19 Wall St. ends flat but healthcare stocks rally
- 21:18 US man 'gave Chinese agent secrets'
- 21:17 Fears for missing Thornliebank pensioner as police appeal for...
- 21:16 Chelsea striker Bertrand Traore on brink of move to Lyon for £16m
- 21:16 Germany 1-1 Chile: Alexis Sanchez becomes country's record goal...
- 21:14 EU citizens WILL be able to stay in the UK after Brexit
- 21:14 Fabinho to Man Utd: Monaco star admits he's tempted by Old Trafford...
- 21:10 Mohamed Salah targets silverware after completing Liverpool transfer
- 21:09 EastEnders spoiler: Michelle Fowler in DANGER as new man Tom’s...
- 21:08 Bank committee selects repo as Libor alternative for swaps
- 21:08 Unilever shows innovation still intact with 'once-in-a-decade'...
- 21:07 Prevent dementia with Mediterranean diet: One KEY food could...
- 21:07 Mystery over liquid that has turned River Colne toxic green in...
- 21:07 Liverpool confirm arrival of Mohamed Salah as Jurgen Klopp sparks...
- 21:05 Smoke billows over West End after fire in Soho
- 21:05 Middlesbrough boss Garry Monk tells Stewart Downing he is not wanted
- 21:03 May unveils offer on EU citizens
- 21:03 Mohamed Salah joins Liverpool: Egypt international speaks after...
- 21:03 Fourth man appears in Leeds court charged with murdering Raheem Wilks
- 21:03 Harrogate Music Festival: Win two tickets to see Sir Bryn Terfel