Testosterone on NHS 'could help boost women's libido'
Women suffering from a loss of sexual desire should be offered testosterone on the NHS, a doctor has suggested.
Nick Panay, from the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists, told a GPs' conference that it could also improve women's energy and mood.
But he said there were no licensed testosterone products for women, who need much lower doses then men.
Around one in three women is affected by the condition at some stage in their lives.
Mr Panay, consultant gynaecologist at Chelsea and Westminster Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, said there was a need to tell women about the potential... read more
- 09:48 Derian House 25th anniversary: New therapies and seaside room in...
- 09:48 Meek Mill released from prison - and this is how he celebrated
- 09:48 Glamorous British lawyer twins face Dubai jail after 'drunkenly...
- 09:47 Kim Kardashian’s naked ambition: After that full-frontal perfume...
- 09:47 Heat was on for Fylde's marathon stars
- 09:46 British ‘drug mule’ won’t speak to lawyers ‘as he fears cartels...
- 09:45 Thunder and hail possible as more unsettled weather hits Yorkshire...
- 09:45 Martin Lewis shares three tips to make your startup a success like...
- 09:45 Lincolnshire police officers assaulted while on duty
- 09:44 How Leeds nurses and ex-patients are offering a way out of the...
- 09:44 Talking Horses: Paul Townend eyes swift Punchestown redemption
- 09:44 EXCLUSIVE: Shaun Byrne on Dundee United radar
- 09:42 Lancaster Bomber Sculpture ‘On Freedoms Wings’ set to welcome...
- 09:42 Leamington based illustrator presents book to fire crews
- 09:42 Different uniforms at Barmby Moor School
- 09:42 June date for A614 scheme completion
- 09:40 Living a life of lonely solitude
- 09:40 Emmerdale spoilers: Can Kerry Wyatt keep Daz Spencer’s huge secret?
- 09:39 Horses are being ‘dumped like rubbish’ in Yorkshire, warns animal...
- 09:39 How Leeds nurses and ex-patients are offering a way out of the...
- 09:38 Pods and ‘sitootery’ spots launched at retreat and education centre
- 09:38 Woman who had not committed a crime for 12 years in court for theft...
- 09:38 University launches charter mark to boost employers' pledge to...
- 09:38 Leamington based illustrator presents book to fire crews
- 09:37 Brexit: David Davis accused of 'cutting short' hearing
- 09:37 On-call firefighter from Skegness graduates
- 09:37 Who is Meek Mill? Net worth, age, songs and Nicki Minaj relationship
- 09:37 Study finds running makes people happier
- 09:35 Alfie Evans' parents in last-ditch bid to overturn court ruling
- 09:35 WhatsApp to bring in age restrictions ‘within weeks’ as new privacy...