Tesla ordered to dump Autopilot brand in Germany
Tesla has been ordered to drop the Autopilot brand name, which it uses to promote its driver-assistance software, in Germany.
The Federal Motor Transport Authority (KBA) confirmed it had told Tesla to scrap the "misleading" term.
It said the term gave customers "incorrect expectations" that they could stop concentrating on the road and let Autopilot take over completely.
Tesla said it had always told drivers to keep their hands on the wheel.
The Autopilot software helps cars:
stay in lane automatically adjust their speed in reaction to other vehicles change lane without... read more
- 14:07 Video: The story of Fingal’s Cave
- 14:06 Apple has just promised to pay a gigantic $38 billion tax bill
- 14:06 Leeds can blaze a trail for diversity in the digital world
- 14:06 Gentle soul Tom Hardy pleads with fans to help rehome puppies found...
- 14:06 This is how to get rid of bad breath
- 14:06 Jarrow woman accused of killing Sunderland man found buried alive...
- 14:05 How did households budget in 1957?
- 14:05 Meghan Markle and Prince Harry hit with train delays making them...
- 14:04 Mountain rescuers thank climbers who help couple on Striding Edge
- 14:04 Alexis Sanchez to Man Utd: Seven formations Jose Mourinho could...
- 14:04 Cumbria Police failed to log child abuse allegation for more than a...
- 14:04 Roger Federer sides with Novak Djokovic as tennis’ biggest stars...
- 14:04 Chelsea set to approach Tottenham over Fernando Llorente transfer
- 14:04 Virat Kohli and Steve Smith react to winning Test and ODI awards
- 14:02 James Fisher chairman to stand down
- 14:01 Norway wants all short-haul flights less than 90 minutes long to be...
- 14:02 Derbyshire company warns of 'adverse financial impact' after...
- 14:01 Simple stays: Our pick of Venice’s best bed and breakfasts
- 14:01 Superjumbos are saved! Emirates airline agrees $16 billion deal to...
- 14:00 Jayne Dowle: My local woods show the scale of fly-tipping in Yorkshire
- 14:00 Roads closed due to heavy snowfall
- 14:00 Richard Corbett MEP: Democracy rules OK in the European Union
- 13:57 Roger Federer admits making this Australian Open request because of...
- 13:57 Have Twitter subtly confirmed Alexis Sanchez has signed for...
- 13:57 TV Choice: Five of the best shows this week
- 13:57 Notts women can save of Race for Life entry this month
- 13:57 Former Haymarket deaf school building to become £2.5 million...
- 13:57 Take the lead with Rugby animal expert Sophie
- 13:57 Retired Rugby GP's COMMENT: Lobby to make the Government act on NHS...
- 13:56 Chief constable left ‘disturbed’ by the timing of allegation