Tesco to ‘fine’ shoppers who wrongly park in disabled and parent and child bays
1 Have your say Tesco is to introduce fines for people who wrongly park in disabled or parent and child bays at its stores.
The supermarket giant is to use a mobile app to allow staff to report the misuse of parking spaces.
Anyone who is reported for incorrectly using the spaces will receive a fine of £40, if it is paid within 14 days.
If not, the amount could rise to £70.
A Tesco spokesman said: “Many of our disabled customers rely on our disabled parking bays, so we’ve introduced our self-monitoring initiative to highlight the importance of using the bays properly, making it fairer and... read more
- 13:11 Arsene Wenger gives verdict on Luis Enrique, the current favourite...
- 13:10 Labour drops candidate after Manchester bombing tweets
- 13:10 PMQs verdict: Corbyn says time for Rudd to go over Windrush scandal
- 13:09 MotoGP news: Valentino Rossi has theory that will infuriate Marc...
- 13:08 Delays on M1 after crash
- 13:08 Sizzling week-long heatwave set to return to UK again, say forecasters
- 13:08 Sunderland sleep expert on why we should wake up to the snoring...
- 13:08 Thomas Tuchel 'targets three players' he will bring to PSG once he...
- 13:07 Website linked to cyber-attacks against UK banks is shut down
- 13:07 Boris Johnson at odds with PM as Windrush row exposes cabinet division
- 13:07 Blackpool school in running to be named best in country
- 13:07 No fireworks with delegations as Eurovision 2018 staging will be...
- 13:07 ‘I was constantly in a haze’: Avicii was ‘living on a cocktail of...
- 13:07 UK Euromillions winner comes forward to claim £112m jackpot
- 13:06 India teacher arrested over wedding bomb murder
- 13:06 What’s on events in the Pocklington, Market Weighton and East...
- 13:06 Equestrian team are East Yorkshire Champions
- 13:06 James Rodriguez is desperate to show Real Madrid what they're...
- 13:05 Woman arrested over discovery of 50 cannabis plants in police blitz...
- 13:04 Sir John Deane's celebrates becoming highest achieving sixth form...
- 13:04 Salmon’s Soapbox
- 13:03 More rail strikes planned for May
- 13:02 Fancy dinner and a dissection? Anatomy Lab Live to go on UK tour
- 13:02 No public swimming at Corby pool this weekend
- 13:01 PMQs: Theresa May invited to Rosyth Dockyard to explain job losses...
- 13:01 Undercover officer sting targets 'lazy selfish' school run parents
- 12:59 Billy Joe Saunders confidently claims he's a 'level above'...
- 12:59 David Paice to retire after 15 years with London Irish as former...
- 12:59 Oakham Castle – you dig it?
- 12:59 Be part of audience for YEP’s Leeds local election leaders’ debate