Tesco denies pupil lunchtime discrimination at Edinburgh store
Tesco has denied claims it has been discriminating against state school pupils at one of its Edinburgh stores.
Parents raised concerns students from Boroughmuir High School were made to queue outside at lunchtime while pupils from nearby private school George Watson's College were given access.
Tesco said there was no discrimination but it had to put restrictions in place at its busiest time.
One father told BBC Scotland he wants an apology for his son.
Neil Pollock raised a complaint with Tesco on Twitter over the treatment of his son at the Tesco Metro store in the Bruntsfield area of the... read more
- 16:50 Police launch appeal to find man who goes by four different names
- 16:50 Shortlist for CAMRA Leicester's Pub of the Year 2017 announced
- 16:50 New 420 pupil school to open in Nottinghamshire
- 16:49 Out-of-contract XI: Man United star Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Chelsea...
- 16:49 Do we really need more student accomodation in Liverpool? This man...
- 16:49 Surfing heads inland, to Austin, Texas
- 16:48 Legend makes big call: £40m-rated star has been tracked by Man...
- 16:47 'How do I protect my family?': EU citizens in Britain contemplate...
- 16:47 New FCC chair vows 'light-touch' approach to regulation
- 16:47 Sir Patrick Stewart learning to paint with young Scots artist
- 16:46 Wall Street slips as financials, discretionary stocks drag
- 16:46 U.N. says Thailand leaves legal loophole for torture, disappearances
- 16:46 Teenager punched and stamped on during Widnes street robbery
- 16:46 Car drives into crowd at Mardi Gras parade in Alabama
- 16:45 I refuse to be ashamed of relying on my partner for money
- 16:43 BREAKING: Dozens hurt as car ploughs into crowd at Mardi Gras...
- 16:42 All aboard for re-opening of miniature railway
- 16:42 Online court hearings set to ‘modernise” Scottish courts
- 16:42 EastEnders: Concerned Shirley Carter warns Whitney to STAY AWAY...
- 16:41 Man United star Paul Pogba attacked by fans in restaurant after...
- 16:41 Dean Saunders: This is the key reason why Jurgen Klopp's Liverpool...
- 16:41 EU parliament says governments delayed new rules on car emissions
- 16:40 Horizon Zero Dawn reveals astonishing vision of future Birmingham -...
- 16:40 Not all paedophiles should be jailed, says police chief
- 16:39 This ‘nightmare-inducing’ robot is like the Terminator on roller...
- 16:39 Karen’s dog handling skills are rewarded
- 16:38 Joe Rogan brands CM Punk's UFC debut 'offensive' to mixed martial arts
- 16:38 How would Arsenal look next season if Max Allegri took over in the...
- 16:38 Nicol: Liverpool FC looked like a mid-table team
- 16:38 Mumtaz Member murder: Leicester police turn to Crimewatch to try to...