Terror, Brexit, strikes: How Monarch chief fought to bring airline out of a tailspin
The boss of Monarch Airlines, Andrew Swaffield, has a crucial message. ‘We are not going to go bust.’ He is speaking out in the wake of the drama that threatened to ground the airline as it battled to renew its operating licence.
Monarch, which carries nearly 6 million people to the sun every year, almost had its wings clipped after struggling to show the Civil Aviation Authority it had sufficient funds to qualify for its Air Travel Organisers’ Licence by the September 30 deadline.
Every package holiday provider must have Atol protection in place so customers can be flown home if the... read more
- 14:06 The staggering number of drivers who believe running a red light is...
- 14:06 Body recovered from river in Leeds is believed to be missing man
- 14:06 This is why Boris Johnson used the word "mugwump" to describe...
- 14:06 Worskop girls sing up for ‘ginormous’ Girlguides choir
- 14:06 How to lower blood pressure: Cutting SALT from your diet could be...
- 14:05 Surprise! This Owl’s long legs could rival any supermodel
- 14:05 N’Golo Kante on shortlist with Antoine Griezmann for best overseas...
- 14:05 Search called off for man missing in River Lune
- 14:05 Airbus £4.6bn China deal helps secure position as global leader
- 14:04 These supercars drove to Nottingham with some very special passengers
- 14:04 Man United prepared to meet mega release clause: This summer...
- 14:04 CCTV APPEAL: Theft from St Annes shop
- 14:03 M&S food store plans
- 14:03 Blaze at cancer research unit
- 14:03 Dedicated scout Ossie earns highest honour
- 14:03 Arsenal defender Laurent Koscielny is an injury worry for north...
- 14:03 Operatic Society's producer retires
- 14:03 West Ham boss Slaven Bilic shrugs off HMRC raid as he has more...
- 14:03 Euro markets jump on optimistic notes from ECB
- 14:03 Charity ordered to keep better records
- 14:03 Arsenal legend Thierry Henry gives damning verdict on the position...
- 14:03 Suspected U.S. drone strike targets Pakistani Taliban militants -...
- 14:03 Appeal for information after crash between pedestrian and unknown...
- 14:03 School fight 'Trump' row
- 14:03 Liz is lining up against the best
- 14:02 Economy’s ‘resilience’ gives housebuilders a boost
- 14:02 OPEC output cuts whet Asia's appetite for North Sea oil
- 14:01 Search called off for man missing in River Lune
- 14:00 Liz is lining up against the best
- 14:00 Barcelona to report Malaga president Abdullah Al-Thani after...