Terrified springer spaniel was abandoned and left tied to a tree in County Durham
A terrified dog was abandoned and left tied to a tree in County Durham.
The springer spaniel, who has now been called Daniel, was found in the woods near Hillside Gardens in Stanley on Monday, September 19.
The RSPCA has now launched an investigation into the incident.
RSPCA inspector Terri-Ann Fannon said: “He was found in the woods near Hillside Gardens, just down the road from a pub called the Hilltop - Flaming Grill.
“It is a popular dog-walking area and I am appealing for anyone who saw anything, or who knows who his owner is, to get in touch.”
The liver and white coloured dog is... read more
- 13:41 Just ONE injection of stem cells from a man's stomach could be a...
- 13:41 Syria's Raqqa expected to join Kurdish-led federalism - Kurdish leader
- 13:40 Police 'concerned' over missing Scarborough teen
- 13:40 Millions of energy customers could roll back bills to 2008 prices
- 13:40 Soon babies could get 5 in 1 vaccination from birth
- 13:39 Yorkshire weather: Cloudy skies bring an end to our all-too-brief...
- 13:39 Video: Could you be the right person to help monitor cells at West...
- 13:39 Come and have a dance at the ceilidh
- 13:39 Mum’s the Word
- 13:38 Inquiry launched into 'unsustainable' nuclear decommissioning contract
- 13:38 Notorious Carlisle nuisance back behind bars
- 13:38 ‘I can’t accept it. It’s not right. It should never have happened.’
- 13:38 Volunteers recognised for helping vulnerable young families in Burton
- 13:37 St Joseph's Primary Academy gets colourful for Holi Festival
- 13:37 Potholes nightmare: Is this Harrogate's worst road?
- 13:36 Morrisons and Sainsbury’s latest to cut price of petrol as...
- 13:36 Two Rugby schools set to form multi-academy trust
- 13:36 Heartbroken Sheffield make-up artist's big fundraiser after losing...
- 13:36 Hot Dudes With Dogs is an Instagram account we can all totally get...
- 13:36 Man helped fearsome blackmailer stay on the run from police
- 13:35 Soon babies could get 5 in 1 vaccination from birth
- 13:35 Yorkshire weather: Cloudy skies bring an end to our all-too-brief...
- 13:35 Is this Manchester United's new third shirt for next season with...
- 13:35 COLUMN-Another turn of the screw for the London lead market: Andy Home
- 13:34 Inspiration for the doomed Google Glass? Hilarious retro photos...
- 13:34 Hull council to spend £200k on study into where new ice rink should go
- 13:34 Grantham motorcyclist seriously injured in collision with car
- 13:33 Lulu, Feeder and Lemar join Peter Andre on Solihull Summer Fest...
- 13:33 Watch: Burglars caught RED HANDED by police honeypot house
- 13:33 Yorkshire weather: Cloudy skies bring an end to our all-too-brief...