Terrified British Airways Boeing 747 passengers were told 'don't rock the plane as you get off' after emergency landing at Heathrow when landing gear failed on BOTH wings
Terrified passengers on board a British Airways Boeing 747 were forced to return to Heathrow when the landing gear on both wings failed.
The 293 passengers on board were asked to leave the plane destined for Chicago 'very slowly' and to 'not rock the plane' in case it toppled over on the runway.
Only three of the five sets of wheels descended when a landing gear lever got stuck in the 'up' position during the emergency landing in January, a report revealed.
Scroll down for video
The runway at Heathrow was closed for an hour until the aircraft was secured and towed away.
The plane... read more
- 01:03 Kim Jong-un has committed to denuclearisation, says South Korea
- 00:59 On the road: History beckons for Accrington Stanley... club...
- 00:50 Packaging entrepreneur vows to ‘change the history of plastic use’
- 00:47 Almost half of women in politics have faced abuse or violence
- 00:45 League Two verdict: Coventry make a late push for promotion while...
- 00:45 Championship verdict: Garry Monk takes step forward at Birmingham...
- 00:45 League One verdict: Dan Micciche's plan finally coming together as...
- 00:41 College staff honoured at star-studded ceremony
- 00:39 Why the gambling industry faces an uncertain future
- 00:39 How Red Driving School steered away from a crisis
- 00:39 Call for stricter rules on doorstep loans
- 00:39 UK growth forecast raised by British Chambers of Commerce
- 00:36 Roger Federer losing to Juan Martin del Potro is actually bad news...
- 00:36 Indian Wells: Juan Martin del Potro makes heartfelt tribute after...
- 00:35 Blood, sweat and protests: on the rodeo trail in New Zealand
- 00:30 Victoria Beckham boxes in jeans because of course she does
- 00:29 Marseille 2-3 Lyon: Memphis Depay scores winner in frantic match...
- 00:29 Kilmarnock boss Steve Clarke would be a great fit for Rangers (and...
- 00:25 Prime Minister visits Birmingham today as Government launches £90...
- 00:25 Famous Roadhouse music club in Kings Norton on fire
- 00:25 Missing schoolboy Shane Pinder turns up safe and well
- 00:24 Castleford face fixture crisis as freezing conditions hit Super League
- 00:21 High-interest 'doorstep loans' need to be regulated says charity
- 00:21 Australia bushfire: Dozens of buildings feared lost in Tathra
- 00:21 Cancer Research bans unpaid internships to preserve public's trust
- 00:17 The Walking Dead season 8 news: Greg Nicotero reveals his ONE...
- 00:16 Navratilova: BBC pays McEnroe 10 times more for Wimbledon role
- 00:16 WWE news: Daniel Bryan teases EPIC WrestleMania 34 comeback -...
- 00:14 Motherwell boss Stephen Robinson takes aim at referee Craig Thomson...
- 00:14 Arsenal star Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has imported part of his...