Terminally-ill 46-year-old '110 per cent' behind hospice campaign
A TERMINALLY ill man cared for at Lindsey Lodge Hospice, Scunthorpe, is "110 per cent behind" a campaign calling for people to sponsor a room.
Andrew Smith, 46, from Bottesford, has seen his weight drop to under eight stone and has been left unable to continue work as an engineer after contracting a rare form of pneumonia that progressed into pulmonary fibrosis.
After a holiday in August 2011, Mr Smith was admitted to hospital for a year after feeling lethargic and getting blotches on his face.
He had to undergo three operations in the space of eight weeks to try and save his... read more
- 14:56 OAP stole £36k from golf club
- 14:56 Society set for scenic spectacular
- 14:56 Donald Trump cancels historic summit with North Korean leader...
- 14:56 Camilla Parker Bowles reveals the Royal Family were worried over...
- 14:55 Champions League final: Liverpool stars snapped boarding plane to Kiev
- 14:55 TV Highlight AND TRAILER: Sir Anthony Hopkins is King Lear
- 14:54 Couple branded monsters for killing French nanny over bizarre...
- 14:54 Children had more chances under Thatcher than Sturgeon, claim
- 14:54 Louts drinking and climbing on roof at former school site
- 14:54 A proud day for Boulmer as base celebrates Freedom of the City
- 14:53 'Bad trip': air force members guarding nuclear missiles took LSD,...
- 14:53 Court finds Spain's ruling party benefited from bribery scheme
- 14:53 'I love you Mum': more tributes paid on day four of Grenfell inquiry
- 14:52 Vibrant law firm one of fastest growing in North-West
- 14:52 TV Choice AND TRAILER: Five of the best shows this week
- 14:52 Special rail summit planned after 'dreadful' performance of Northern
- 14:52 Motorists take care to avoid family of geese walking Barrow's streets
- 14:52 Barrow man cleared of Samurai sword charge
- 14:51 Trump: NFL kneelers 'maybe shouldn't be in country'
- 14:49 Driver faces sentence in June over M55 tragedy in which van driver...
- 14:49 ‘I’ve been screaming from the rooftops that I need help’
- 14:49 Go with the flow: United Utilities' leak-finding sniffer dogs and...
- 14:49 Milnthorpe OAP had indecent photos of children
- 14:49 Vibrant law firm one of fastest growing in North-West
- 14:48 TV Highlight AND TRAILER: Sir Anthony Hopkins is King Lear
- 14:48 Bank Holiday car maintenance tips
- 14:48 North Cumbria's health system to lead the way in joining up care
- 14:48 Driver faces sentence in June over M55 tragedy in which van driver...
- 14:48 Pupils have buried a time capsule in the grounds of Gainsborough’s...
- 14:47 Go with the flow: United Utilities' leak-finding sniffer dogs and...