Term-time holiday fines in Derbyshire to be scrapped - but only for some
Fines for Derbyshire parents who take their children out of school during term-time are to be scrapped - but only for some.
The county council is adopting a number of measures, including instructing headteachers not to issue fines to parents taking their children out of school during term time if the pupil’s overall attendance is above 94 per cent over the previous 12 months.
The authority says the arrangements are temporary, while they await the outcome of a court ruling.
Last year, Jon Platt had a fine thrown out of court for taking his seven-year-old daughter out of school to go to... read more
- 16:13 Flats go up for sale for just £15K!
- 16:13 Mystery as three tier pink baby shower cake is found in street
- 16:13 Premier League rules on diving bans explained as Oumar Niasse is...
- 16:13 Derby County youngster Luke Thomas praised by team-mates following...
- 16:12 Budget 2017: Call for income tax rise in Scotland to be ditched
- 16:11 Budget 2017: Best Twitter reaction
- 16:11 Budget 2017: Tech giants targeted over VAT payments
- 16:11 Mystery illness leaves Ashington dad housebound and struggling to walk
- 16:11 Alleged Howdon hit-and-run victim Susan Fuller to be laid to rest...
- 16:11 Former Wallsend pub to be turned into apartments after go-ahead...
- 16:10 Gareth Bale to spark transfer war: Premier League big guns want...
- 16:10 Harrogate Hospital Maternity Team gets Unicef Gold award
- 16:08 Harrogate Hospital Maternity Team gets Unicef Gold award
- 16:08 Urgent appeal over disappearance of mother-of-two in Harrogate
- 16:08 Tommy Fleetwood returns to where he launched his Race to Dubai...
- 16:07 Businesses in region say more to be done following budget
- 16:07 Last-minute bid launched to save children's centres
- 16:07 Flats go up for sale for just £15K!
- 16:06 Nick Carter strongly denies rape allegations made by ex Dream...
- 16:06 Who is Demi Rose Mawby, when did she date Kylie Jenner’s ex Tyga...
- 16:06 Hearts issue apology to supporters as fans miss main stand...
- 16:06 Kilmarnock sign Youssouf Mulumbu and former West Brom star could...
- 16:05 Barrow family make generous donation in memory of a lost loved one
- 16:06 New mediation service opens in St Helens
- 16:05 UPDATED 3.42pm: Schools closed, roads across Cumbria flooded and...
- 16:04 The best of stage and circus combine for panto fun
- 16:04 Revealed: Kids in city's care sent to live in GLASGOW
- 16:04 There are big plans from Wor Flags for Newcastle's 125th...
- 16:03 Does vodka actually make you more aggressive?
- 16:03 The best of stage and circus combine for panto fun