Tens of thousands of NHS staff ‘could be due tax refunds of up to £13,500’
Tens of thousands of NHS workers may have overpaid tax and N.I. contributions while on training, according to MoneySavingExpert.
The staff may be due refunds of up to £13,500 – due to the way tax payments where processed while NHS staff were on ‘Widening Access Training’ scheme since 1999.
Some NHS employees may have overpaid tax due to being taxed as if the scheme was paid work – whereas it offered some tax and NI exemption.
But who is – and isn’t – entitled to a refund is fairly complicated, so it’s worth reading MoneySavingExpert’s detailed guide.
MORE: Here’s 5 tips to help you get... read more
- 13:43 EU rejects Irish border proposals and says Brexit talks could still...
- 13:43 Arsene Wenger was like a squatter... he outstayed his welcome and...
- 13:42 Rise in assaults on staff reveals intolerable pressure on NHS
- 13:42 Man sought by Cumbria Police in connection with attempted arson...
- 13:41 Boy, 16, ‘deliberately started house fire that killed his mother, 32’
- 13:41 Scottish Power to hike energy prices for 1 million customers
- 13:40 How to make your property stand out from the street with a bold...
- 13:39 Nissan cuts posts at its Sunderland plant
- 13:38 Antonio Conte reacts to Arsene Wenger’s decision to quit Arsenal
- 13:38 Colne toddlers raise £600 with three-mile sponsored walk
- 13:37 German supreme court rejects ad-block challenge
- 13:36 Mum claims son, 6, told ‘he’s not black enough to wear conditioner’...
- 13:36 What's next for Arsene Wenger? Real Madrid and Paris Saint-Germain...
- 13:36 Arsene Wenger's dream team: After 22 years at Arsenal, Sportsmail...
- 13:36 Beckton birthday acid attacker John Tomlin jailed for 16 years
- 13:36 Sheffield school issues warning about flasher
- 13:36 Nissan cuts posts at its Sunderland plant
- 13:34 Tommy Wright is not welcome at Dens Park, says Neil McCann
- 13:34 Superstar DJs: the best playlists curated by musicians
- 13:33 How long has Arsene Wenger been at Arsenal and how long was Sir...
- 13:33 VIDEO: Heroic Stratford mum Rachael honoured
- 13:33 Britrock tour comes to Birmingham
- 13:32 Sunderland v Burton Albion is not the only result Nigel Clough will...
- 13:32 Police on the hunt after woman was sexually assaulted in Preston
- 13:31 Bid for 325 new homes in Wigan moves a step closer
- 13:31 Shock at sudden death of popular ex-Wigan vicar
- 13:31 Turns out that caring about the environment makes you more attractive
- 13:29 SNP axes key oil and gas industry measure
- 13:28 Chester-born Daniel Craig to be a father again at 50
- 13:28 Are you ready to rock?