Tens of thousands of NHS staff ‘could be due tax refunds of up to £13,500’
Tens of thousands of NHS workers may have overpaid tax and N.I. contributions while on training, according to MoneySavingExpert.
The staff may be due refunds of up to £13,500 – due to the way tax payments where processed while NHS staff were on ‘Widening Access Training’ scheme since 1999.
Some NHS employees may have overpaid tax due to being taxed as if the scheme was paid work – whereas it offered some tax and NI exemption.
But who is – and isn’t – entitled to a refund is fairly complicated, so it’s worth reading MoneySavingExpert’s detailed guide.
MORE: Here’s 5 tips to help you get... read more
- 13:05 You wouldn't want the aisle seat on this flight! Passenger captures...
- 13:05 Transfer News: Chelsea done deal, Man United and Arsenal open...
- 13:05 Sky Sports journalist: Liverpool will complete this transfer deal...
- 13:05 Nottingham to host live murder mystery game that is a cross between...
- 13:05 The never-ending honeymoon: Newlyweds spend SEVEN months...
- 13:05 Here are the dates for the next property auctions in Nottingham?
- 13:05 Terror suspect downloaded propaganda because he was 'simply...
- 13:05 Why we need to talk about mental health issues in young people
- 13:05 100 Scots patients spent 12 hours in A&E in first week of 2017
- 13:04 Passengers face struggle to catch bus after stop disappears
- 13:04 Theresa May confirms that UK will quit European single market
- 13:04 FEATURE: A look at the incredible work Worksop charity JOEL is...
- 13:04 Watch: Dramatic footage shows devastation at Small Heath Citroen...
- 13:04 New Laws for Wales in 2017 and how they will impact YOU
- 13:04 PM’s 12 terms for Brexit - and the speech in full
- 13:03 Pound soars as May pledges to avoid Brexit ‘cliff edge’
- 13:03 POLL: Is Theresa May right to leave the single market?
- 13:03 Guitar theft suspect arrested after Scarborough chase
- 13:01 Louis van Gaal failed at Manchester United but we should remember...
- 13:01 Novak Djokovic avoids repeat of Rafa Nadal slip up to vanquish...
- 13:01 Sheffield's Kelham Island named in top ten coolest places in Britain
- 13:01 Manchester United fear Memphis Depay may not leave Old Trafford in...
- 13:01 Ground broken on new £350m rail line
- 13:01 POLL: Is Theresa May right to leave the single market?
- 13:01 Missing man could be in Cumbria as police launch search to find him
- 13:01 Chelsea eyeing Felipe Anderson and Stefan de Vrij in double...
- 13:01 Concerns over council's £45,000 bill for Roman cavalry re-enactment...
- 13:01 Man missing for a month could be in Cumbria
- 13:00 Search ongoing for missing Whitley Bay man who 'requires medication'
- 13:00 Quad bike and tools stolen in Corbridge garage burglary