Ten ways to enjoy the wonders of an autumn walk around Birmingham
As the nights cut in and our appetites begin to increase, there’s one great way of keeping fit before Christmas.
And that’s by going out in the fresh air for a fabulous autumn walk.
Golden leaves and crisper temperatures make it one of the best times of the year for putting a glow on your cheeks.
Remember to put on appropriate footwear – dew can make leaves can be slippy even if it hasn’t rained – and to take a drink and a snack.
All you then have to do is to keep your head up and enjoy the view.
1. Visit a park before dark Graham Young Major parks in Birmingham include Cannon Hill Park,... read more
- 06:39 10 things you didn't know you could recycle
- 06:38 Retro: A blast from Kettering’s past
- 06:38 Corby man caught fly-tipping by Kettering Council
- 06:38 Former Kettering teacher celebrates 100th birthday
- 06:38 Corby Boating Lake cafe is back in business
- 06:33 Daventry Town Council hands grant to food bank
- 06:33 'Daventry warehouse fire could have been avoided by fitting...
- 06:32 Chelsea boss Antonio Conte delivers ANOTHER scathing attack on the...
- 06:25 Man Utd news: Emmanuel Petit blasts ‘sulking’ Paul Pogba over Jose...
- 06:25 Funding available to groups in Lincolnshire
- 06:24 What life really used to be like in Yorkshire Dales
- 06:23 Bad weather blamed for three week delay on rail upgrade between...
- 06:23 Saturday’s best TV: Performance Live: Winged Bull in the Elephant...
- 06:22 Pub developers continue with single-handed overhaul of Barrow's...
- 06:22 Stephen Jardine: The real story about salt in Chinese meals
- 06:19 Restaurant review: Origin, Haxby, York
- 06:17 Neymar to Real Madrid: PSG star urged to make move by team-mate
- 06:16 Family: Janet Christie’s Mum’s the Word
- 06:16 Interview: Vicky McClure
- 06:16 Comedy review: Rob Schneider: An Evening of Lies
- 06:16 Music review: Scottish Chamber Orchestra/Maxim Emelyanychev, Josef...
- 06:16 Strict new rules set to protect Edinburgh’s festival volunteers
- 06:15 Fortnite update - When is season 3 finishing? When will the season...
- 06:14 Burton Albion's Matty Lund hoping to play his way back into team...
- 06:14 Matt Doherty on how Wolves' match against Burton Albion is chance...
- 06:13 Liverpool news: Danny Murphy makes brutally honest Champions League...
- 06:12 Bad weather blamed for three week delay on rail upgrade between...
- 06:11 Michael Stewart on why his new book solves the mystery of Wuthering...
- 06:11 Lighten the download
- 06:11 Pub of the week: Red Lion, Bramham