Temptingly low two-year fixed mortgage rates may cost homeowners in the long run, broker warns
Homeowners and prospective buyers are being warned not to be seduced by eye-wateringly low two-year mortgage rates, as changes in the British economy could mean they could end up costing them in the long run.
Mortgage rates have fallen to their lowest ever level since the UK voted to leave the European Union in June, with the cheapest deal available now fixed at less than 1 per cent for two years.
But after months of lenders slicing their rates to entice homeowners to remortgage, one firm of mortgage brokers is warning that unless there is a good reason to take a short-term deal, borrowers... read more
- 07:35 WATCH: Moment Russian policeman kills man suspected of stabbing...
- 07:33 Eclipse spectacle set to grip US public
- 07:31 Man Utd Transfer News: Draxler swoop claim, Adam tips Tierney,...
- 07:27 Sectarianism never results in progressive change
- 07:27 This is how Tory Britain makes people homeless
- 07:26 Nearly 70,000 sign petition urging more transport investment in...
- 07:26 Musk warns of 'killer robot' arms race
- 07:26 Parents on low incomes 'can't afford basics'
- 07:26 Crawford Falconer takes up post as UK's top trade negotiator
- 07:20 Olivia Attwood ‘dragged out of nightclub by security’ after fight...
- 07:20 North East news LIVE: Latest breaking news, sport, weather, traffic...
- 07:20 Real Madrid to ensure David De Gea joins by next summer: Keylor...
- 07:20 Arsenal Transfer News: Oxlade-Chamberlain exclusive, Draxler bid,...
- 07:18 Young woman 'left humiliated and in tears' by car salesman
- 07:18 Hull Live: Breaking news, traffic and travel from across East...
- 07:12 Even the capitalists think Trump’s toast
- 07:12 Can Syria be free after Isis?
- 07:12 Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho reveals the secret behind...
- 07:11 Plans for new Carlisle bar and restaurant revealed
- 07:07 How Jeff Sessions and Donald Trump have restarted the war on drugs
- 07:07 What it’s like to go to A&E when you’re having a mental health crisis
- 07:04 Chelsea boss Antonio Conte urged to sign another striker despite...
- 07:03 Venezuela: Caracas stands behind new assembly despite US smears
- 07:03 Syria: Four civilians killed by shells after Assad warning to West
- 07:03 South Africa: SACP steps up ANC war of rhetoric
- 07:02 BBC weather: Carol Kirkwood hugs curves in form-fitting navy jacket...
- 07:00 Response officers armed with tasers deployed to 'man wielding hammer'
- 07:00 Floyd Mayweather vs. Conor McGregor: How can I watch it in the UK...
- 06:59 Live: Breaking news from Liverpool and Merseyside Monday August 21
- 06:58 Bid to cut £1m from Kirklees Council's council tax discount bill