Teens in Nottingham constituencies less likely to apply for university than in more well-off areas
Two politicians say early years development and family support is key to raising aspirations and increasing the number of local young people applying for university.
It comes after UCAS figures named Nottingham North and Nottingham East as being in the bottom 10 percent of constituencies for university application rates.
Nottingham North, which includes Bilborough, Bulwell, Old Basford, Bestwood and Top Valley, has the sixth worst rate out of 59 constituencies, with just 19.2 per cent applying for higher education places.
Read more: Calls to stop college merger due to 'senseless' redundancy... read more
- 07:15 Growing number of young people in the West Midlands receiving...
- 07:15 Farndon Bridge to close for major repair work
- 07:13 One lane of M1 exit slip road blocked near Leeds
- 07:12 One lane of M1 exit slip road blocked near Leeds
- 07:12 Cobblers move ‘ticked the right boxes’ for ambitious striker Williams
- 07:11 Unai Emery to Arsenal: Ex-PSG boss will be SHOCKED by this at...
- 07:11 Antoine Griezmann to Barcelona: Atletico Madrid star sent huge...
- 07:11 Malaysia's 1MDB scandal investigator tells of death threats and...
- 07:10 An open letter to anyone who watched the royal wedding and worries...
- 07:10 Fabletics drained my 16-year-old daughter’s bank account
- 07:08 Ratcliffe brace sees Trojans grind out victory to remain top of table
- 07:08 Potter receives funding boost as she chases Olympic dream
- 07:07 Carlisle man moves on after Manchester terrorist attack
- 07:07 Notorious Carlisle nuisance sent to prison for making abusive 999...
- 07:07 Flats set for approval despite parking fears
- 07:06 Is Bercow heading for a fall?
- 07:05 Over-sterile and germ-free homes ‘could be behind leukaemia...
- 07:04 Hartlepool United eye move for out-of-contract full-back
- 07:04 Man Utd coach Jose Mourinho ‘considers Eric Bailly sale’: Tottenham...
- 07:03 Schools: how to raise £1m a year
- 07:02 Business leaders say economic nationalism is biggest growth threat
- 07:01 Guest Column: Living with bipolar is tough but help is out there
- 06:58 Ariana Grande shares message of support on anniversary of...
- 06:58 Police issue CCTV images of men wanted over Doncaster attack
- 06:57 Michael Sturrock: New rules on data are good business practice
- 06:57 Meghan Markle hints at feminist role in monarchy
- 06:57 Police issue CCTV images of men wanted over Doncaster attack
- 06:56 UK’s new air pollution strategy ‘hugely disappointing’, says Labour
- 06:56 A64 restrictions change to aid traffic
- 06:54 Ariana Grande shares message of support on anniversary of...