Teenagers wrongly approached about PPI
Nearly a fifth of 15 to 18-year-olds have been contacted about PPI claims - despite never having access to the product, research has found.
Teenagers are being exposed to financial crime and 62% worry about money, the London Institute of Banking and Finance also found.
And the institute, which provides personal finance qualifications, raised concerns about gambling.
It said 12% of 17 and 18-year-olds had gambled.
"This is a significant increase from the younger age group, potentially indicating that 18-year-olds are likely to quickly take up opportunities to gamble formally, such as... read more
- 16:18 Anthony Clavane: The best dystopian drama holds up a mirror to society
- 16:17 Property: Willowdale Close, Bridlington, £214,950
- 16:16 8 dream jobs currently up for grabs in Yorkshire
- 16:16 Edward Hands and Lewis in Leicester sells off its EHL Commercial...
- 16:16 Three supermarkets cut fuel prices again as wholesale costs drop
- 16:15 8 dream jobs currently up for grabs in Yorkshire
- 16:15 Inspectors say Wellingborough care home is good
- 16:13 Banbury’s Original boys in Blue are back
- 16:13 Measles cases DOUBLE across Warwickshire - how to protect your child
- 16:13 6 dream jobs up for grabs in Sheffield
- 16:13 Readers react to rising tensions between Uber and black cab drivers
- 16:11 Three supermarkets cut fuel prices again as wholesale costs drop
- 16:10 Saltley fire: What we know so far
- 16:08 ‘Mega brothel’ to be built in Belgium to save listed building
- 16:07 This is what the law says about driving in flip flops or bare footed
- 16:06 Public asked for views on proposed second A413 cycleway which would...
- 16:06 Harley Davidson leads cavalcade of motorbikes on Pendle biker's...
- 16:06 Alton Towers glamping 'accommodation pod' plans dubbed 'dull and...
- 16:04 Yorkshire is set for the hottest June on record since 1976
- 16:03 What does it take to relocate a 195kg tiger in India?
- 16:02 This is what Birmingham airport is doing to stop queue-jumpers
- 16:02 Fire in Birmingham: Live updates as thick smoke seen billowing over...
- 16:02 Harley Davidson leads cavalcade of motorbikes on Pendle biker's...
- 16:01 Residents' anger at plans to build new homes in Salterforth
- 16:00 Humberside Fire update as firefighters called to huge house blaze...
- 15:59 Harrowing stoppage as Muay Thai fighter knocked out but his eyes...
- 15:58 Magid Magid, Sheffield’s lord mayor: ‘I’ve had a lot of stick, but...
- 15:57 Nuneaton dance troupe make it to World Cup in Barcelona
- 15:57 Warning from firefighters after barbecue blaze in Nuneaton
- 15:56 Haas gears up for Ricard return