Teenager with an ingrown toenail pays £5,000 to have her leg AMPUTATED after developing an agonising condition from surgery
A teenager who suffered three years of hell thanks to an ingrowing toenail has paid for her own leg to be amputated.
Hannah Moore, 19, had an ingrown toenail surgically removed in 2012 after months of discomfort.
But days later she was left in unbearable pain, the slightest touch to Miss Moore's right leg left her in tears despite no sign of infection.
Doctors diagnosed her with a rare agonising condition - complex regional pain syndrome (CRPS) - which can be triggered by minor surgery, leaving her in agony 24-hours-a-day.
It caused her foot to turn black with and scaly and a flesh eating... read more
- 19:11 Breast cancer news: Living in illuminated towns & cities could...
- 19:11 North Korea war games: Britain to join US forces for military exercise
- 19:11 New protests in the pipeline over water supply
- 19:11 'Uneasy and distressed' - Barrow woman targeted by barrage of abuse
- 19:11 WW3 tensions: Washington takes military to North Korea border
- 19:11 Clearing placements at five-year high, early figures show
- 19:11 Usain Bolt won't play for Manchester United Legends vs Barcelona
- 19:10 New ultimate Audi earns A-star Plus
- 19:10 New eye test could spot Alzheimer's disease 20 YEARS before...
- 19:10 Aston Villa transfers: Ross McCormack tipped for Leeds return
- 19:10 This is how Birmingham City line up at Burton as Harry Redknapp...
- 19:10 Facebook is testing 'Featured Topic' tool for News Feed that will...
- 19:09 Coventry families wanted for new primetime TV quiz show - how to apply
- 19:09 More touching tributes paid to Oneil Din after Cornwall tragedy
- 19:09 Firefighters' warning: Arson attacks are stopping us dealing with...
- 19:09 Man freed after getting leg stuck under digger
- 19:09 Paintings, mirrors and furniture to go under the hammer at...
- 19:07 Increase in complaints about housing for soldiers in Scotland
- 19:06 Hathaway says: 'Pressure is all on Bromsgrove'
- 19:05 Celebrity Big Brother: Sarah Harding accused of BURNING DOWN CBB...
- 19:03 Stephen Hawking: I'm worried about the future of the NHS
- 19:03 A-levels delight for Lincoln area students - the talent of...
- 19:02 Paul Merson makes brutal prediction that returning Arsenal...
- 18:58 Ex-BBC reporter Liz MacKean dies after stroke
- 18:58 Alleged Newark murder victim named by police
- 18:58 Bus company say 'no evidence' to support mum's claims four-year-old...
- 18:58 "I had to stand naked in the street for 20 minutes after being...
- 18:58 Police appeal after man injured in armed robbery in Tamworth
- 18:56 Everton and Hajduk Split both charged by UEFA following crowd...
- 18:52 Barcelona players to wear 'Barcelona' on back of their shirts...