Teenager who was trapped under a car taken to hospital
A TEENAGER who was trapped under a car following a crash in Maryport has been taken to hospital.
The 16-year-old, who police said is local to the area, was involved in a collision with a Ford Focus in Curzon Street, the A596, close to the junction of Gavel Street.
Emergency services were called out at about 5.30am this morning.
Firefighters used specialist cutting equipment and air bags to release the teenager who was taken to the Cumberland Infirmary in Carlisle with serious chest injuries. Police said he is in a stable condition.
The car driver was not injured and the road was closed in... read more
- 20:03 Major stock indexes rise again to new records
- 20:03 Featherweight title hopeful Max Holloway spars with rival superfan...
- 20:02 Get ready for a massive new Pokemon Go update
- 20:02 Manchester United hits and misses vs Zorya Luhansk, with Henrikh...
- 20:00 Rio 2016 stars Amy Tinkler and Ellie Robinson joined by rugby...
- 20:00 Daimler to become 2016's biggest luxury car maker - CEO
- 19:59 Gedling Borough Council to negotiate with Arnold Market owner
- 19:59 Plans for Eastwood's DH Lawrence Centre to be turned into spa given...
- 19:56 Yields rise as ECB trims bond purchases; Wall St. gains
- 19:53 Parents fear Christmas could be cancelled in Derby schools because...
- 19:50 Rio Ferdinand: Jose Mourinho can be judged at Manchester United...
- 19:50 German watchdog joins European peers in clampdown on spread betting
- 19:48 Incredible photographs show swimwear models happily splashing...
- 19:48 Want to use the overhead luggage bins on a United Airlines flight?...
- 19:48 Virgin Atlantic flight from Lagos to London Heathrow declares...
- 19:48 Taking camping to a new level: The hair-raising moment a daredevil...
- 19:44 'Pissed off' Belgian prince faces dressing down by PM
- 19:43 Patrick Vieira: I wanted to coach at Arsenal but the door was closed
- 19:42 More foreign holidays will mean more skin cancer, scientists predict
- 19:41 Britain’s most festive pub has 90 Christmas trees and counting
- 19:38 Faster trains for Nottingham, but is electrification plan dead?
- 19:38 German watchdog joins European peers in clampdown on spread betting
- 19:38 Estonia says 'encouraged' by Trump administration's tone on NATO
- 19:38 Kasper Schmeichel could return for Leicester against Manchester City
- 19:38 Rio Ferdinand: Conte had an easier job at Chelsea than Mourinho at...
- 19:36 Manslaughter charges after death of woman, 91
- 19:36 Firefighters tackle town centre blaze
- 19:35 Video: Henrikh Mkhitaryan scores delightful first Manchester United...
- 19:35 Brad Pickett: I want hometown retirement like Urijah Faber
- 19:31 How the Jimmy Savile sexual abuse scandal has seen rape allegations...