Teenager mistook food allergy for rare germ cell tumour made of teeth, brain and hair
Kezia Denne, 16, from Elstead, Surrey, suffered from agonising stomach pains throughout her childhood but put them down to an allergy.
But medics reveals her tummy aches were caused by a germ cell cancer called immature teratoma, which developed from reproductive cells while she was in the womb.
The cancer was discovered when Kezia, then aged 12, developed sudden and severe pains in her stomach at school and was taken to A&E.
She explained: "It just started with a sudden stitch in my stomach, which I thought was quite odd because I hadn't been running around.
"I only had a few... read more
- 19:35 Incredible bird lays two triple yolkers in one month
- 19:33 James Collins strikes for Luton Town and deepens Barnet woes
- 19:33 Paul Smyth winner puts late spring in Michael O’Neill’s second coming
- 19:30 Chilling images inside home where teenager made bomb planted on Tube
- 19:29 League One round-up: Stefan Payne strikes as Shrewsbury go back top...
- 19:29 League Two round-up: Marc McNulty hat-trick sees Coventry continue...
- 19:22 Two men in 20s shot outside Mile End tube station
- 19:22 Kit de Waal: ‘I read my first novel aged 22’
- 19:20 Liverpool bench can’t control laughter at John Aldridge tumble...
- 19:17 James Doyle jockeys’ title hopes in focus after Addeybb’s Lincoln win
- 19:17 PSG hold talks with Antonio Conte’s representatives over summer move
- 19:16 This is when the clocks change this weekend
- 19:12 Saracens 24-11 Harlequins: Liam Williams and Maro Itoje tries see...
- 19:12 Charlton boss Lee Bowyer challenges players to crash League One...
- 19:04 WEEKEND WEB: Order repeat prescriptions in plenty of time for Easter
- 19:03 When do the clocks go forward tonight, and why?
- 19:02 How Jose Mourinho’s rift with Paul Pogba started at Manchester United
- 19:00 When does the minimum wage go up 2018?
- 18:57 Michael Vaughan slams Steve Smith after Australia captain admits to...
- 18:54 'We have achieved nothing yet' - Coventry City boss Mark Robins has...
- 18:51 Carer sacked after filming Alzheimer’s sufferer crawling on floor
- 18:50 Lottery grant funds heritage skills placements
- 18:50 Two boys arrested after video captures commuter being brutally...
- 18:48 Spen Valley High School’s Mrs McConnell retires after 30 years
- 18:47 Lottery grant funds heritage skills placements
- 18:44 Unseen photographs of Beatles in US fetch £253,200 at auction
- 18:43 ‘Bankrupt’ Northamptonshire County Council paid CEO more than...
- 18:40 Woman rescued from car after crash in Wigan
- 18:39 Why is Barclays bank refunding some of its customers and how can I...
- 18:38 Why young, inexperienced BeLeavers were perfect for the Brexit...