Teenager killed in hit-and-run was forced into car earlier, say police
A teenager has died in a suspicious hit-and-run, minutes after being apparently being forced into a car during a nearby disturbance.
The 19-year-old man was struck by a car following disorder involving a man being bundled into a car in the Erdington area of Birmingham on Friday night, West Midlands Police said.
Police believe the dead man was the person bundled into the car.
He was hit in Hunton Road shortly before 8.55pm, minutes after the disturbance in the nearby area of The Gardens, and was later pronounced dead at the scene by paramedics.
WMP said detectives are linking it with the... read more
- 11:37 Community forks out for Greenodd chippy charity fundraiser
- 11:37 Your nose knows best in battle against food waste
- 11:37 Milkman Les bucking the trend with successful south Cumbria...
- 11:37 Jeremy Corbyn concedes some blame for Labour's by-election defeat...
- 11:37 Nine epic fails from awards ceremonies and TV contests
- 11:37 Barrow mum flying high in her campaign to create autism-friendly...
- 11:37 There's a seat with your name on it as Millom theatre stages...
- 11:37 Juggling Barrow pupils prove they're a class act
- 11:37 Former Copeland MP Jamie Reed reassures Labour voters that 'our...
- 11:37 Diesel scrappage scheme - How much will it actually cost to own an...
- 11:37 More action needed on workplace discrimination - Barrow disability...
- 11:36 Matt Le Tissier hits out at Man United: They get better treatment...
- 11:36 Juan Mata: My message to Man United fans after EFL Cup final win
- 11:36 Live: Britain's Got Talent star on trial over alleged child neglect
- 11:36 Iconic Nokia 3310 officially relaunched: Everything you need to know
- 11:36 Severe weather warning for ice issued across Nottinghamshire
- 11:36 JOHN DILLEY’S WWI BLOG: All quiet on the Western Front in this...
- 11:35 Iconic Nokia 3310 officially relaunched: Everything you need to know
- 11:35 Toddler and adult rescued from first-floor window after supected...
- 11:34 European shares rise led by Intesa but LSE, Deutsche Boerse weigh
- 11:34 Footage captures moment skilled pilot battles high winds at...
- 11:34 Aira Force road shut for repairs
- 11:34 Upstart analysts show banks the way in new era for research
- 11:34 Crystal Palace fans accidentally vandalise their own team bus in...
- 11:34 Sheep rescued from floodwater near Shrewsbury
- 11:34 Burton Albion ladies rescue a point at St George's Park
- 11:34 Speed cameras are based on these 22 Derbyshire roads
- 11:34 Crash update: Serious accident closes Colne Road in Burnley
- 11:34 WEATHER: Difficult driving conditions as Met Office issues ice...
- 11:34 The bill: Band and MP join in row over Ritzes in Brighouse and London