Teenager charged with manslaughter after death of Len Saunders
A St Helens teenager has been accused of killing a 65-year-old man.
The 17-year-old from the St Helens area will appear before Liverpool Youth Court tomorrow charged with manslaughter of Len Saunders.
Mr Saunders, 65, suffered a head injury when he was punched to the ground in the street on July 21.
He was taken to the Walton Neurological Centre for treatment but died there on Sunday.
Today police confirmed a 17-year-old boy from the St Helens area has been charged with manslaughter.
He has been remanded in custody to appear before Liverpool Youth Court tomorrow.
A 15 year-old boy has been... read more
- 12:14 Workers shouted 'get out' following chemical leak at Carlsberg in...
- 12:14 Free travel on the Metrolink offered as part of Clean Air Day
- 12:13 Anger at hospital stroke plan
- 12:13 Big Clean campaign continues to inspire tidier south Cumbria
- 12:13 Teen says charity abseil was no let down
- 12:13 Royal fuss kicked up over threats to beloved Bowness cinema
- 12:13 Scotland better represented in the Lords than other parts of the UK
- 12:13 'Catalogue of neglect' slammed by campaigners after second survey...
- 12:12 PNE add games at Cobh Ramblers and Oldham to their pre-season...
- 12:12 Intrepid Whitby wingwalker set to take on daredevil challenge in...
- 12:10 People of west Cumbria will be left with "second class service"...
- 12:10 Pop star Lee Brennan hosting Oasis-themed World Cup party in Carlisle
- 12:08 Saints 'ticking all the boxes' for prop star Franks
- 12:07 Police warn motorists: 'We'll be pulling YOU over if you drive this...
- 12:07 Sort it out! Council leader's plea to resolve hospital dispute
- 12:06 Women spends three years converting an old bus into a luxury...
- 12:05 Worksop man sentenced for role in organised theft of vans in three...
- 12:04 Tributes paid to RAC patrolman killed in collision on A617
- 12:03 Kia reveals third generation Ceed
- 12:03 Free travel on the Metrolink offered as part of Clean Air Day
- 12:02 REVIEW: Beautiful - The Carole King Story, Opera House, Blackpool
- 12:02 British Airways cancels 'incorrectly' cheap tickets
- 12:02 Protesters get on their bikes against fracking
- 12:02 Bithumb: Hackers 'rob crypto-exchange of $32m'
- 12:01 Amazon Alexa horrifies owner by declaring ‘Every time I close my...
- 12:01 Police appeal over missing nine-year-old Anita-May Davidson
- 12:01 Man, 45, stabbed in Finchley Park, Kingstanding - what neighbours...
- 12:00 Moving to the cloud makes good sense
- 12:00 Consultation launched into plans to expand Sheffield secondary...
- 12:00 World Cup beer shortage could hit Sheffield pubs and supermarkets