Teenager caught drug-driving will now be 'stuck in Silloth', says lawyer
A teenager found in his car while he had more than five times the legal limit of cocaine in his system has been banned from the road.
Luke Richard Maddison, 18, from Orchard Place, Silloth, was caught on October 18 after he drove his Vauxhall Corsa in the town while under the influence of the illegal drug.
Police found him in his parked car, sitting in driving seat.
When questioned by police, Maddison said he had taken cocaine. His lawyer Chris Toms said the teenager had a reputation as a decent, hard-working young man, and he had cooperated with the police.
"He's now going to find... read more
- 15:47 Kirkby couple sentenced for bus shelter sex session
- 15:47 Meet the schoolgirl filmmaker and her canine camera star
- 15:47 Coppull author to read Reu The Rainbow Gnu in support of Reuben's...
- 15:46 ‘Be Water Aware’ is the message as temperatures rise
- 15:45 Thomasina Miers’ recipe for lentils with pancetta, goat’s curd and...
- 15:45 Cocktail of the week: Martello Hall's Little red door
- 15:45 Shop in town goes single-use plastic free
- 15:44 Arsene Wenger quits Arsenal: Who joins Thierry Henry in his best...
- 15:44 Arsenal expected XI: Arsene Wenger to go 4-3-3 against West Ham for...
- 15:44 PIERS MORGAN: I'm glad Wenger's going, but I'm also glad I can...
- 15:44 Chelsea expected XI: Who will make Antonio Conte’s 3-4-3 for FA Cup...
- 15:44 US court sentences former Liberian warlord to 30 years
- 15:44 Last Damascus rebels bombarded as Assad presses advantage in Syria
- 15:44 Bristol hospital vows to improve training after death of teenager
- 15:43 Last days of Preston's former indoor market caught on camera
- 15:42 Doncaster Apprentice star returns to TV to tell of store's success...
- 15:42 A guide to nudist beaches in North Wales
- 15:40 Land Rovers put through their paces on muddy Grantham course
- 15:40 Papa John’s is selling a ‘cheeseburger pizza’
- 15:40 Annabel’s new role in BBC drama The Split
- 15:40 Express in New York for a 30th to remember
- 15:40 Students’ hopes to topple Yorkshire’s highest peaks
- 15:40 Pit banner parade to return after 30 years
- 15:40 Housebuilder gives baby unit a £1k donation
- 15:39 London Marathon's long love of fancy dress
- 15:39 Flood issues raised after heavy rainfall
- 15:39 Ballot open for action over Wigan hospital staff firm move
- 15:38 Dog festival at Prestwich's Heaton Park in aid of children's hospice
- 15:37 Prince Charles approved as next head of the Commonwealth
- 15:37 Mum who stabbed five-year-old son to death given indefinite...