Teenage mother's pregnancy triggered an agonising skin condition which was so painful she 'couldn't even change a nappy'
A teenage mother says becoming pregnant triggered a painful condition which leaves her skin cracked and bleeding.
Chloe Lynam, 18, from the Wirral, Merseyside, first noticed red blotches appearing on her skin while she was carrying baby Jacob.
But as her pregnancy progressed, she was left with huge wounds and scaly skin.
By the time her son was born, more than half of her body was covered in the painful sores - as doctors diagnosed her with psoriasis.
She was left unable to cuddle Jacob or change his nappy due to the severe discomfort from the condition.
It became so bad that strangers... read more
- 15:12 11-year-old Rangers fan bottled in head before Old Firm game set to...
- 15:12 Design competition launched for new Scottish baby box
- 15:12 Hull City appoint Neil McDonald as new assistant coach
- 15:11 Chatburn woman (55) dies in house blaze
- 15:10 Hawker Yard pop-up idea is long-term winner
- 15:10 Foreign firms to increase spending on Iraqi oil fields in Basra -...
- 15:10 What is sepsis? Deadly condition kills tens of thousands every year
- 15:10 Euro zone inflation outlook still in the balance - ECB's Hansson
- 15:09 LIST: 2016 Nottinghamshire bonfire night events
- 15:09 When is Ross County v Celtic? Kick-off time, TV channel and odds
- 15:08 Joe Schmidt extends stay as Ireland head coach
- 15:08 Poldark ‘rape scene’ complaints examined by media watchdog
- 15:07 Warwickshire trading standards: ‘ham and cheese’ pizzas did not...
- 15:07 Sikh temple incident update: one man cautioned as investigation...
- 15:07 See water shoot into the air during Gateshead High Street roadworks
- 15:06 Kenyan president commutes all death sentences to life in prison
- 15:06 Babies should share bedroom with parents - but in their own bed
- 15:06 South Yorkshire bid to beat domestic abuse
- 15:06 Cuerden jobs site moves step nearer
- 15:06 Man threatened with knife in attempted robbery in Stockton
- 15:05 Girl with incurable illness gets to be police dog handler for the day
- 15:05 Dad 'stalked by cancer' which claimed his wife and daughter
- 15:04 Man sought after he exposed himself on trains
- 15:04 Jail warning for threat to kill man
- 15:04 Adrian Greenwood stabbing: Man guilty of Wind in the Willows murder
- 15:03 Man had facial injuries after assault in Chesterfield bar
- 15:03 Joe Schmidt extends stay as Ireland head coach
- 15:03 Warwickshire trading standards: ‘ham and cheese’ pizzas did not...
- 15:03 Sikh temple incident update: one man cautioned as investigation...
- 15:02 Babies should share bedroom with parents - but in their own bed