Teenage magazine sparks anger over 'victim-blaming' rape advice
An advice columnist's response to a letter about rape has sparked an angry backlash in Singapore and accusations of victim-blaming.
In the letter to Teenage magazine's agony aunt, the writer, apparently a teenage girl, said she was raped by a friend and had "no-one to turn to".
The Dear Kelly columnist said in reply that she had "acted like a girl who had been around" and should be "grateful he wore a condom".
It also added that she was too "naive".
The teenage girl recounted a series of events in which she had lied to her parents to stay over at a... read more
- 08:35 Drugs stolen in pharmacy raid
- 08:35 The golden city! Chinese tourists vote the Gold Coast the BEST...
- 08:35 The moment Harrison Ford came TERRIFYINGLY close to an air...
- 08:35 Selection in EFL Cup final could be tipping point amid conflicting...
- 08:35 From the white sands of The Whitsundays to the golden bays of the...
- 08:35 One legacy helps another
- 08:35 Escaped prisoner Shaun Walmsley still on the loose
- 08:35 US V EU: Trump aide in 'anti-Brussels slap down behind closed...
- 08:35 Woman jailed ‘for having sex with a dog’
- 08:34 Crash leads to partial closure of M1
- 08:34 Man seriously injured in stabbing
- 08:34 Hong Kong stocks at 18-1/2-month high on GDP, mainland inflows
- 08:34 Playbox Theatre will support Syria aid appeal by staging play
- 08:33 Fish and Chips the cats love going on outdoor adventures with...
- 08:33 Playbox Theatre will support Syria aid appeal by staging play
- 08:32 ‘Vote them all out’: Fury at Chapel St Leonards Parish Council
- 08:32 Time to check your change! The most valuable £1 coins in...
- 08:31 Surviving South Yorkshire D Day veterans offered free trip to...
- 08:31 Nearly 200 properties hit by power cut in Sheffield
- 08:30 Hibs and Hearts get ready to do battle in Scottish Cup replay and...
- 08:30 80mph winds expected to hit Britain as Storm Doris arrives
- 08:30 Force India confirm driver line-up ahead of 2017 F1 car launch
- 08:27 Britain's McBride sees challenging second half, keeps FY outlook
- 08:27 RISE AND SHINE: Live travel news, weather and fun features
- 08:26 RISE AND SHINE: Live travel news, weather and fun features
- 08:26 The Hoosiers and Toploader headline Tidal Waves Beach Festival at...
- 08:26 Twenty-year-old Bethany set to release fourth book in two years
- 08:26 The morning news headlines: Door won't shut on EU migrant workers -...
- 08:26 80mph winds expected to hit Britain as Storm Doris arrives
- 08:25 Drug needles found in Sheffield street