Teenage boy charged over Birmingham stun gun attacks
A teenage boy has been charged in connection with a string of stun gun attacks around Birmingham.
The 14-year-old, who can’t be named for legal reasons, is accused of ‘shocking’ female drivers with electrical devices in a series of attempted carjackings over four days.
A woman was left with minor burns following a failed carjacking in Cambridge Road, Moseley, on February 10. Two further incidents in Kings Heath saw women targeted on Balaclava Road on February 6 and Colmore Road on February 9.
Police investigating the attacks arrested the boy on Thursday before he was charged on Friday with... read more
- 00:28 Car production hit 17-year high in February
- 00:28 How an obscure seed is helping to save the elephant
- 00:28 HSBC confident of filling Birmingham headquarters roles on time
- 00:24 Less than half of women breastfeed after two months, survey finds
- 00:23 Brexit vote: Single market benefit 'largely imaginary'
- 00:22 Lukas Podolski insists his fairytale ending for Germany was 'like...
- 00:22 Thomas Muller admits Lukas Podolski's fairytale farewell game for...
- 00:22 One in four waiting for an inheritance before they can buy a house
- 00:22 Yorkshire ‘postcode lottery’ means patients must get fatter to have...
- 00:21 Derby firm EightPixelsSquare hoping to score a success with new...
- 00:21 London terrorist attack - Derby man waits for news of his friends...
- 00:20 Germany says its current account surplus will shrink in coming years
- 00:19 Moderate drinkers less likely to suffer from heart problems,...
- 00:19 'Super-obesity' required factor in some cases before weight loss...
- 00:18 Headingley experts set to offer advice
- 00:18 Report reveals NHS failing Down’s syndrome patients
- 00:18 Sarra Hoy becomes premature birth charity ambassador
- 00:16 Triumphs of science fiction’s collective imagination
- 00:16 Much to admire in diva’s biodrama
- 00:16 A Woolf at the door of greatness
- 00:16 Rugby Union: NZ opts out of playing England in November
- 00:16 Bronze confident of beating Fortuna
- 00:16 ILO extends probe into labour laws
- 00:16 Rehabilitating George Bush and Tony Blair
- 00:16 ‘I don’t want no peace, I want rights and justice’
- 00:16 Did Orwell steal from a communist artist?
- 00:16 Labour forces another U-turn
- 00:16 Sudoku 3703 hard
- 00:16 Turkey, al-Qaida and the US all launch fresh offensives
- 00:16 Eurozone chief faces fury over insults